Main Menu

Help needed: Name and source for front grille trim pieces?

Started by Dakota, September 05, 2020, 10:51:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

I'm putting the front grille back in my 70 Challenger.  I apparently am missing the black trim part(s) marked by the yellow highlighter that tie the top of the grille to the Hood latch plate (not my car).  Based on some pictures I looked at, these pieces weren't on my car when it came out of the paint shop in 2014. 

They weren't any obvious matches on a couple of parts websites I checked, but I don't even know what they're called which probably isn't helping matters. 

anlauto

Do you mean the two little brackets on the end, because the long piece you have circled is part of the grill  :thinking:

I know the two little brackets I've circled come with the new reproduction grills, so they might be available separately :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dakota

Yes - I guess I'm missing the little brackets.  The long part on the top of my grille is not painted, so I thought I was missing something bigger.  Thanks. 

anlauto

I can't find any sold separately, maybe somebody here has an extra set :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70/6chall

Dakota buddy, I may have what your looking for. On our 70 Challengers it's the 2, 3" upper center support brackets. I'll contact you we'll go over the details. Thanks,   Al

Dakota

Al pointed me towards a website that has a better picture of the parts and dug out a pair from his parts stash which will soon be mine.  As I often say: great help is available here.   Thanks Al!

anlauto

That's awesome Al !

I sure hope nobody actually pays $99 for them :drunk:  if so I should likely dig up a pair around here somewhere :thinking:

JH27N0B

What are they worth?  I have a restored pair I had leftover from my project, the stamped R and L were lost in the restoration of them, and I bought an NOS pair from Terry to use instead.

anlauto

I don't know what they are worth, I just thought $100 bucks seems awful high, but I've never needed to look for a set.  :dunno:

YYZ

anlauto

JonH

I was missing 1 and made it myself. Now for you numbers guys I know that won't work....:cheers: