Main Menu

Help on quarter window*

Started by Rdchallenger, April 03, 2022, 10:18:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

Installing the quarter windows loosely today in the Challenger and for some reason I am running out of track before the window goes up all the way. Maybe about 2 inches off. Is there an adjustment I'm missing for the track?

anlauto

I'm going to need a picture of that one, something isn't right
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rdchallenger

Quote from: anlauto on April 03, 2022, 10:46:57 AM
I'm going to need a picture of that one, something isn't right

Figured that part out. Honestly the whole thing is kicking my ass today, the person who took the car apart literally took everything apart regarding the mechanism, slides, everything. When I think I get it figured out it then starts binding on me going up as well as down.

Rdchallenger

Still working on the first quarter window today,I was so frustrated I had to walk away from it yesterday.

It's still binding on me to the point that it's flexing the inner panel of the car, the track is twisting, and is damn near impossible to put up or down, when I'm able to get it to go down the one slide that goes into the welded part slides all the way out, before the window goes all the way down.
I've read the service manual probably 10-15 times on the windows and I'm stumped.

anlauto

You've got it installed completely wrong....the pivot arm that you show in this picture should be attached with a round plastic bushing to the window where you have this square block  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rdchallenger

Quote from: anlauto on April 04, 2022, 12:13:16 PM
You've got it installed completely wrong....the pivot arm that you show in this picture should be attached with a round plastic bushing to the window where you have this square block  :alan2cents:

Copy that! I'm assuming then the square goes in the middle?

Rdchallenger

Here is another picture for reference as well.

Rdchallenger

Alan, sometimes I hate you for making me realize how much I other think things that are simple when it comes to these cars. I'm currently just shaking my head in disbelief and laughing at myself. Thank you so so much for steering me in the correct direction! :slapme5:

anlauto

Rdchallenger

RJChallenger

This is what Alan is talking about

Rdchallenger

Quote from: RJChallenger on April 04, 2022, 03:14:54 PM
This is what Alan is talking about

Yep! Had the swing arm on the wrong roller, and rollers mixed up. It all made sense quickly after the help from Alan.