Main Menu

holes in driveshaft hump

Started by GoMangoBoys, March 24, 2020, 07:10:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

There are some holes in the hump that I don't know what they are for.  If they are not supposed to be there, I want to weld them up.  If they are supposed to be there, I want to find out what they are for.  See the 2 circles in the attached photo.
Thank you.

Brads70

Looks like where someone ripped off the console bracket

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Some one got happy with a air chisel on the bracket!  :o

jimynick

OR, if you're going with a console for that 4 speed hump, find a brkt and replace the missing one.  :alan2cents:   :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

GoMangoBoys

I have the bracket that goes in front of the shifter hole in the hump.  Is there a second bracket for the 4 speed console that goes where the turn hinges are?

Also,  what about the hole on the side of the tunnel right behind the 4 speed hump that I added?

JS29

The hole by the tunnel, hammer and dolly flat and weld it up. the top of the tunnel is were the rear bracket go's to attach the console.  :alan2cents:

Brads70

Quote from: GoMangoBoys on March 26, 2020, 01:14:04 PM
I have the bracket that goes in front of the shifter hole in the hump.  Is there a second bracket for the 4 speed console that goes where the turn hinges are?

Also,  what about the hole on the side of the tunnel right behind the 4 speed hump that I added?

Yes there are 2 brackets . Here is a post with pictures that will explain things. Also if your converting from a automatic to a 4 speed there are different parts required on both the console and brackets on the floor .

https://forum.e-bodies.org/interior/6/console-installaton-questions/4705/msg66626#msg66626