Main Menu

Horn Bracket help needed??

Started by valman, March 15, 2021, 12:56:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

valman

Hi all,
I purchased these Horns from Roseville not knowing what " non adjustable bracket" meant. When you mount them one horn faces up the way the bracket is clocked.
Has any one modified this bracket and how was it done to allow the horn to face down correctly.

Much appreciated...

anlauto

Interesting Valman :thinking: ....

I bought the same horns awhile back from Classic Industries, took a quick look at them, bagged and tagged them and crossed off one more thing on this Resto-mod project I got going....

...but just now after reading your post, I went and checked and sure enough the "LO" note horn would mount open side up, which would fill with water pretty quick...

So in about 20 mins, I drilled out the four small spot welds, spun the bracket 180* and welded it back on, a little grinding, a touch of paint and she'll be good to go...even bench tested after I was done, and she still blows !

Thanks for the heads up.....it's just another PITA when dealing with reproduction parts :alan2cents:
'
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

valman

Thanks Alan @anlauto that's what I thought I would have to do...  :bigthumb:

Claudia

I originally purchased a set of reproduction horns from OER for my car and they had the exact same issue.  I was planning to drill, rotate, weld, grind and paint as described above to correct the issue of the one horn being mounted upside down but I was fortunate enough to come across an original set of horns so I didn't need to.

valman

Fixed my bracket problem and ready to mount them.
Does it matter which horn is on the top and bottom when mounted to the inner fender?

anlauto

Quote from: valman on April 14, 2021, 02:34:52 PM
Fixed my bracket problem and ready to mount them.
Does it matter which horn is on the top and bottom when mounted to the inner fender?

Not really, but I like to put HI on top and LO on the bottom...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

FE5CUDA

anlauto

These are the latest reproduction horns from OER, available through several vendors. Nobody said they were "E Body horns".

FE5CUDA

Quote from: anlauto on April 15, 2021, 05:58:07 AM
These are the latest reproduction horns from OER, available through several vendors. Nobody said they were "E Body horns".

And you wonder why they don't mount correctly. :drunk: