Main Menu

How high hood pin above bezel ?

Started by Racer57, May 29, 2021, 09:44:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

I got tired of being paranoid about removing my pins and raised the stud. How high above the bezel should the pin be ?

dodj

Not sure what others do, but my pins almost or lightly contact the bezel. To hold the hood.  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

If you have a hood latch, I keep the pins off the bezels so they don't mark them up, if there's no hood latch, you basically put them right on the bezel, although the last AAR I did I put plastic washers on the bezel first, then the pin. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

Quote from: dodj on May 30, 2021, 04:51:41 AM
Not sure what others do, but my pins almost or lightly contact the bezel. To hold the hood.  :alan2cents:

:iagree: I removed the hood latch on my car because it was scratching the core support piece and making it look bad. There is also all the comments from owners that have banged their heads on it. I tried not to scratch the bezels but that is impossible. Don't really see the scratches with the pins installed. I don't think the pins look good if they are much above the bezels.   :alan2cents:

dodj

Quote from: headejm on May 30, 2021, 08:03:48 AM
Quote from: dodj on May 30, 2021, 04:51:41 AM
There is also all the comments from owners that have banged their heads on it.
AKA...the 'Meat Hook'
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill