Main Menu

Number of hours for tear down? Number of hours for reassembly?

Started by nsmall, February 25, 2017, 10:32:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

the interior trim is easy to remove & get the headliner out , the outer trim can be a pain just be gentile & use a good tool to hook the tabs

Cuda Cody

Trim tool looks like this...  (get under the trim and release the clip)

Quote from: nsmall on February 26, 2017, 05:57:18 PM
The headliner in the car now looks newer.  I will try to take it out myself. I was planning on keeping it as it looks great  unless it gets destroyed.

Probably what's going to make the most sense is to dive in one day here soon and ask questions as I run into problems. 

Trim tool for unhooking  trim clips around the windshield and doors....  Any suggestions?  Would it be the same tool?

Thanks

Cudalbs

Neal, this is the tool I used to remove the exterior trim. You will break some clips but you will probably want to replace all of them anyway. They are easy to come by.

I bought this glass remover at harbor freight for 10 or 15 bucks and it easily removed my front and rear glass. Removing the trim and glass from the front and rear took me maybe and hour to an hour and a half and I had never done it before. It was a lot scarier putting them back in.  :barf:
"Love those round taillight cars"

usraptor

I did my own headliner and it wasn't that hard to take out or put in.  There are several instructional articles/videos on how to do it.  Just make sure you keep your bows in the proper order. and take your time.  Don't rush it.    Re hours for tear down, it also depends on if your need to replace any body panels.  My car needed new rear quarters, trunk floor pan, extensions and Dutchman panel.  Drilling out all the spot-welds more than doubled, probably tripled, my total tear down time.

Markp

Tear down went pretty fast for me maybe a week. Reassembly is a different story 6 months - 10 years :haha:
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP