Main Menu

OK...spill the beans...who makes the battery area patch?

Started by kawahonda, May 29, 2019, 09:25:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kawahonda

I'm in need of fasteners, but I have no idea what to look for. Here is what I'm hunting.

1) Clip nuts. I know there's probably about 3 of them that I need.  One for the bracket, and two that mount to the inner fender. Any help on which? I have a paint supply store here in town, but they probably have about 5 different types....

2) Bolts. I need the 2 bolts that secure the tray into the inner fender. I also need the other two bolts for the brace. I already have the bolt that mounts on the other end of the battery tray. What are they and what do they look like?

3) I need that "push on" fastener. Looks like there's nothing truely correct out there. This appears to be my only option:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-push-in-gray-nylon-dash-harness-retaining-wire-clips-tape-on-Dodge-prong/202790904224?fits=Year%3A1970%7CModel%3AChallenger&hash=item2f3747a1a0:g:27cAAOSwFw1dk5xX

Would love to get this stuff on the way! Welding is basically finished!
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

anlauto

...beat me to it...I was looking for a link to a kit :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kawahonda

Perfect! Thanks guys. He's even in Idaho too!

I'll grab that push in wire clip on eBay, unless you guys know of a better one. It will work....

Welding those 22+ spot weld holes went without a hitch......no cold welds.....just boom, boom, boom, boom....

kawahonda

Grinded the spot welds. Cleaned backside. Rust treated and painted some components.

Going to do some "finish" welding (pin holes). A tad bit more grinding. Then prime, seam seal, and reassembly.

I'm thinking to grind out indentations on the spot welds like factory.

I wouldn't call this a big job, but it isn't a small job. Probably billable for 16 hours and labor intensive.

kawahonda

Rear is seam sealed. Will blast some undercoating tomorrow.

Engine bay area is ground. Will try to lay some primer on it tomorrow then reassemble.

Yay, everything else here on out is pretty easy-stuff.

kawahonda

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kawahonda

I noticed that the battery tray doesn't sit level.

I also pulled up some stock pictures and of course, it never did sit level stock.