Main Menu

Trunk Patch Panels

Started by erik70rt, March 22, 2020, 12:56:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Does anyone make a patch panel for the trunk floor where the exhaust hangers are?  Or do I need to purchase a half trunk panel and cut out what I need?  See pics.

Thanks!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Rich G.

I don't think so. I made patches for the last one that was rotted there.

70 Challenger Lover

I think I'd get the half pans and splice in what you need. I haven't priced anything recently but I recall they aren't much money. And getting half panels might keep shipping down.

soundcontrol

I made patches for that area, was pretty easy. I ended up changing the whole trunk floor later (after sandblasting the whole car) because I found more rust in other places though.

Brads70

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 22, 2020, 02:31:44 PM
I made patches for that area, was pretty easy. I ended up changing the whole trunk floor later (after sandblasting the whole car) because I found more rust in other places though.

:iagree:  That small of a patch ( if that's all you need) I'd make it too!   Give it a try, what do you have to loose? Sheet metal is cheap!  :alan2cents:

BFM_Cuda

erick, do you just need that one side? or both? I might have usable pieces....

anlauto

This is the key comment here, in my opinion, you should always sandblast all of the car first, but to answer your question....I don't believe anybody sells the small patches that you need, you would have to buy a new trunk pan panels.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

Quote from: BFM_Cuda on March 22, 2020, 06:41:55 PM

I need both sides.  Thanks!

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on March 22, 2020, 07:33:28 PM

I will strip it and do proper repairs when the time comes.  But for now, I need to do some quick patching.

This is the key comment here, in my opinion, you should always sandblast all of the car first, but to answer your question....I don't believe anybody sells the small patches that you need, you would have to buy a new trunk pan panels.

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: erik70rt on March 23, 2020, 09:29:46 AM
Quote from: BFM_Cuda on March 22, 2020, 06:41:55 PM

I need both sides.  Thanks!

@erik70rt , sorry but I no longer have them. I know the drivers side was mint, single exhaust car, pass side was junk, but I threw it in the scrap dumpster at work and it got buried...

erik70rt

No prob!  Thanks for looking.  :bradsthumb:

RJChallenger

@erik70rt   I have both sides of a two piece trunk, That I was in the middle of installing , when I saw some posts of a one piece trunk floor. Well long story short is I'm installing a one piece trunk floor to keep up with the jones. The pass side will need a little hammer and dolly work.The drivers should be perfect as is. I can cut them down to a smaller size to save on shipping. Both are yours if you want .Pm me an address and I'll get you a shipping price

erik70rt

Thanks!  Were you banging on the right side?  What are you asking for them?

RJChallenger

There yours for the cost of shipping. I can cut them to any size. Ya that's a long story. But thankfully I'm fixing her more properly this time. Let me know what size you want and where to send them.

erik70rt

Thanks for the offer.  I picked up some sheet metal to do some patch work.  When I'm ready, I'll do a proper replacement.