Main Menu

Paint bubbles

Started by Manuel, August 16, 2020, 09:06:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Manuel

Shane Kelley

I haven't sprayed that exact product so I can't really say how good it is. I have sprayed this guys stuff and I can say it's excellent. Texture and color look spot on. 1 can goes a long way as well.

https://8774paint1.com/

Manuel

Thank you Shane, 

Is there a PPG code for the dark grill paint??

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Manuel on August 20, 2020, 05:53:35 PM

Thank you Shane, 

Is there a PPG code for the dark grill paint??

I'm not sure about a paint code. But he list the different paints by application. He has the one you need listed "dark gray argent"

torredcuda

Quote from: Manuel on August 17, 2020, 05:19:36 PM

Thanks for the comments.

Think I should be able to request the textured argent paint be shipped by land. 

Yes, most paint and volatile chemicals automatically ship ground as they are not allowed in aircraft.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Manuel

Ended up buying the Dark grill paint from Roger Gibson restaurations.

Abaut $95 a qt.

Has anyone used it to know results?

Manuel

Here underneath the bubbles

anlauto

YIKES ! Are you going to repaint the whole car now ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Manuel

Down to bare metal,  Repaint 100%

Q.
They are afraid that the chrome moldings around the windshield and rear window will bend when pulling them out.
Any ways to avoid that?
Do they sell the chromes?

anlauto

Quote from: Manuel on September 02, 2020, 08:42:25 AM

Down to bare metal,  Repaint 100%

Q.
They are afraid that the chrome moldings around the windshield and rear window will bend when pulling them out.
Any ways to avoid that?
Do they sell the chromes?

They do sell reproduction window trim, but with patience and the proper tool, the old ones should come off without bending.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Manuel

Shane Kelley

Is that white under the green a primer or body filler? Looks like a contaminated surface is your culprit. Up close do the little spots look like surface rust? All the trim should come off without damage if you just take your time. Probably one of the easier cars I have worked on for removing trim.

Manuel

No reason for filler.   Must be primer I guess.

Paint shop told me they believe this all was moisture between the primer and the paint and that the metal is still ok.

I will go to the shop today and see al in detail.

Having this help here is great.   

By the way, already have  1 pint of grill paint.   Do you all think it will be enough to do the front grill and wheel centers?

Thank you much!!

Shane Kelley

That should be just the right amount of paint for what your doing.

On the car. It looks to me like the moisture was on the metal under the primer. That's why the primer is popping loose I'm going with my original guess that moisture was in the air supply when they primed the bare metal.  :alan2cents:

Manuel

Good news that 1 pint will be enough.

Here a better pic of the bubbles