Main Menu

Park position for wiper blades?

Started by Dakota, May 24, 2021, 07:58:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

The attached picture shows where my wiper blades currently end up when they "park."   Are they supposed to be more under the hood or is this the normal spot for them?   I know there's some adjustment available on the wiper motor but I didn't want to mess with it if the current position is where they're supposed to be.   Thanks.

anlauto

If they are going through the proper motions for parking and that's where they stop...it's a simple fix, pop them off the pivot splines, and move them down so they are sitting on the "stops" on the wide stainless trim piece, and push them back on the splines. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ZippyZoo

Also, make sure they are not getting hung up on the stainless moulding where it meets the windshield.  When my car was new, they wipers would get hung up there due to an excessive gap between the windshield and moulding edge.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

It should be hidden under the hood sitting on the chrome , you will need the correct wiper blades as I doubt those with clear under the hood , if the motor is not parked & the blades are hanging up there it will burn out the wiper motor trying to fully park correctly

Scooter

Quote from: ZippyZoo on May 24, 2021, 01:01:33 PM
Also, make sure they are not getting hung up on the stainless moulding where it meets the windshield.  When my car was new, they wipers would get hung up there due to an excessive gap between the windshield and moulding edge.

^^^^ This is the issue with mine. Previous owner had aftermarket blades that were taller installed and I thought that was the problem. I went back to originals but still need to get that chrome trim flattened out as they hang on the edge of the trim on the drivers side.