Main Menu

Wiper blades: What are the details to look for?

Started by Topcat, January 22, 2017, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Who makes the best reproduction wiper blade assemblies?

Pictures on how they compare to OEM would be good to see as well.

Cuda Cody

Not sure what ones are the best, but I've been using the ones Dave sells.  They have a good factory look.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/wiper-blade-1970-1974-e-body/products_id/5641

Has anyone else found anything better?

Topcat

Cuda Cody

fc7cuda

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 22, 2017, 02:27:53 PM
Not sure what ones are the best, but I've been using the ones Dave sells.  They have a good factory look.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_info.php/p/wiper-blade-1970-1974-e-body/products_id/5641

Has anyone else found anything better?

:iagree:  I got mine from Dave also.  :bradsthumb:

anlauto

I've been using those on my restorations too...

When I did the Barrelcuda I used only correct NOS stuff....I think I had like $1200 into my wiper arms/blades :o :'( :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

$1,200?  Seriously  :o  I need to make a fainting smiley because that's what I about did when I saw the $1,200 number! 

Quote from: anlauto on January 22, 2017, 07:16:28 PM
I've been using those on my restorations too...

When I did the Barrelcuda I used only correct NOS stuff....I think I had like $1200 into my wiper arms/blades :o :'( :crazytalk:

Topcat

I recall the originals had a little red button sticking up.

HP_Cuda

Looks like Dave will get another call from me.

I haven't found any wipers that I like so far.

:stop:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

bc3j

I thought they had black buttons...at least I hope so...cause I bought a set of Anco 3-piece blades several years ago.

Cuda Cody

Not sure if they have a black dot or not, but wanted to use the Fainting smiley for the $1,200 NOS set up.   :Thud:  That's a tough bill to swallow. 

anlauto

Red or dark grey buttons is still up for debate.... :alan2cents:

Roadman

I remember red buttons from back in the day. Growing up in Miami, and working for Sears Auto Center and JCPenney Auto Centers I had to go out in the rain and install new blades every time it rained. PITA.  Don't think bout them till you need em item.   :bricks: