Main Menu

Question about 74 Cuda replacement panels.

Started by Ohiowoodchuck, November 13, 2019, 06:43:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ohiowoodchuck

I got a 74 Cuda we are getting ready to do the quarters on and I found a couple other spots that need my attention.  First all on the drivers side inner fender under the battery tray is there a replacement panel available for that area or will I need to order a whole inner fender. Second on the rear quarters, there is what i believe is the back of the inner rocker. I believe the inner wheel houses spot weld to it. Can anyone confirm this is what I need to order. I have attached a picture of the area in question.

Ohiowoodchuck

Here is another picture of the area in question

edison1970

You can probably fabricate the end of that rocker. You'll never see it after you put the outer piece on. Not sure about the battery area. Worst case would be to buy full panel and cut and patch.

Rich G.

I've never seen a Cuda that wasn't rotted behind the hood hinge so unless you got lucky I'd replace the whole inner fender. Leave the shock tower there if it's good and it will be pretty simple to replace.

Ohiowoodchuck

The hood hinge areas on both sides needs some attention. That was my thinking if I had to buy the whole inner fender for the drivers side. I have seen just the hood hinge area panel is available also.