Main Menu

Removing convertible well trim?

Started by Cuda416, September 07, 2020, 09:50:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda416

Not sure if it's ever been off in the past, but the well trim on my car seems to be stuck with something that reminds of me of that stucky stuff used for sticking things to walls etc. I think it's called blu-tak. I'll hit it with a heat gun but as the title reads, what is the best method of removal for this trim? Obviously I don't care to damage it and my usual monkey fist approach aint gonna cut it.
U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant

anlauto

The side pieces are screwed on from the bottom, about six screws on each. The rear piece just clips on. Yes there's a lot of gummy crap along there as well. The trim should just pull off with a forward motion. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda416

Quote from: anlauto on September 07, 2020, 09:54:16 AM
The side pieces are screwed on from the bottom, about six screws on each. The rear piece just clips on. Yes there's a lot of gummy crap along there as well. The trim should just pull off with a forward motion. :alan2cents:

Awesome, thanks for the info  :bigthumb:. I felt what I thought might be screws, but haven't gotten things cleared out enough to see them for sure. This helps a lot.

-=C
U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant

Jay Bee

They're roughly in these positions.

Cuda416

U.S.M.C. SFMF
70 Barracuda Vert
69 Dart Vert
65 Valiant