Main Menu

Replacement quarter panel, AAR antenna hole?

Started by FSHTAIL, January 23, 2018, 03:21:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

For those of you who have replaced the quarter panels on an AAR, when you drilled the hole what diameter is that hole?

Is the factory hole too large for most aftermarket antenna?

I'm thinking of adding a power antenna, so that's why I'm asking about the factory hole diameter potentially being too large in case it's too big for most aftermarket stuff. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

HEMICUDA

FSHTAIL

@hemicuda

Is that an odd size hole for most aftermarket power antennas?

I'd hate to have them drill a stock diameter hole only to find out I'm limited for power antenna choices due to the diameter. 

anlauto

The AAR antenna hole is the same stock size as the fender. If you're customizing the car and adding an aftermarket power antenna, I suggest you buy the antenna first and drill the required size hole for it. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FSHTAIL

I talked with a couple of local AAR owners and they say that they would delete that if their car wasn't original.     I'm just going to shove a rubber antenna under the dashboard and call it good enough, keep it simple

RUNCHARGER

I think the antennaes look cool back there. I understand though, once you put the hole in there is no going back.
Sheldon

FSHTAIL

Yeah.      It completes the look. 
But I think I'll keep it simple.