Main Menu

Rust-mort?

Started by xx88man, May 04, 2020, 03:25:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

Hi guys. I have one spot on the cross member with a spot of rust that I want to stop before it worsens. Likely from a leaking m/c. Is rust-mort a good product to use? Thx
Keep yer foot in it

JS29

It's all right, I do know of a guy that swears by it.  :alan2cents:

71vert340

I've used it with satisfactory results. I remove as much rust as I can before applying. It seems to work good on the deep rust pits to seal the rust that I couldn't remove.
Terry

Mrbill426

I hear it is pretty good stuff if and when replacing metal is not a viable option.

Topcat

Most  of the phosphate metal cleaning acids will work fine.

ACE Hardware Crud Cutter works very well.

71vert340

I had a Challenger bulge hood in 2003 that was great except someone had put a skim coat of filler over the entire hood. Moisture was trapped on the surface and put all these little rust pits over the entire hood surface. I removed all the filler, removed as much rust as possible, and then used Rust Mort to seal the pits. Properly prepped and finished hood. No problems since.
Terry

xx88man

Quote from: 71vert340 on May 06, 2020, 08:26:01 PM
I had a Challenger bulge hood in 2003 that was great except someone had put a skim coat of filler over the entire hood. Moisture was trapped on the surface and put all these little rust pits over the entire hood surface. I removed all the filler, removed as much rust as possible, and then used Rust Mort to seal the pits. Properly prepped and finished hood. No problems since.
Terry

Good to know. Thanks!
Keep yer foot in it