Main Menu

Seam Sealer for 4 Speed Hump

Started by DeathProofCuda, October 17, 2022, 08:47:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DeathProofCuda

Getting ready to reinstall the four speed hump in my car after patching the driver's side floor.  Any recommendations for body panel seam sealer?  Is there anything available that is similar to the really thick stuff they used on four speed humps?

larry4406

I fully welded mine in from below.  Was easy while on rotisserie.

anlauto

You can buy a brush able seam sealer that goes on pretty thick  :alan2cents:  I use Wurth seam sealer and a caulking gun, you can apply that as thick as you want as well
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: anlauto on October 18, 2022, 07:31:18 AM
You can buy a brush able seam sealer that goes on pretty thick  :alan2cents:  I use Wurth seam sealer and a caulking gun, you can apply that as thick as you want as well

@anlauto What is the black product that you used to seal the seam between the front and rear floor pans?  That looks like the stuff that was originally used on my trans hump.

headejm

I used this 3M product that was recommended to me by several body shop techs. Use a caulking gun and then go over it with one of those cheap paint brushes.  :cheers:

anlauto

:iagree: I use a Wurth product, but the same sort of thing. It's available in white or black :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DeathProofCuda

ebodyproducts

This is the 3M sealer. Brush it out after you dispense it. Have lacquer thinner around, it gets really sticky. Some people even use lacquer thinner to smooth it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

WDO72

Eastwood makes a pretty decent brushable sealer as well.