Main Menu

Shaker base modification with Holley Dominator intake question

Started by usraptor, January 29, 2018, 06:09:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

I know this is a real long shot but I thought I'd put it out there just in case.  I installed a Holley Dominator intake on my '70 'Cuda's 440 "U" code engine.  My car is an original N96 shaker car and I intend to run the Shaker hood assembly.  With the taller Holley intake the OEM shaker bubble sticks up to high to close the hood.  Rather than modify an original N96 shaker base I'm going to buy a fiberglass reproduction base plate and modify it so that the Shaker assembly will fit properly.  So my question is has anybody else already had to modify a Shaker base plate to fit with a Holley Dominator intake and if so can you tell me how much you had to cut off the base plate funnel, for lack of better words, to make everything fit properly?  Thanks in advance.  :dunno:

Racer57

Daveh

I'm curious also.  I'm getting ready to work on my shaker also although mine is a 340. 

Chryco Psycho

From experience measuring in the past , I would estimate just over an inch height difference between the stock intake & the Holley
I am thinking installing a metal tube similar to a duct into the shaker base , glassing it into place & trimming it may work well