Main Menu

Shaker base plate gasket question

Started by usraptor, January 31, 2018, 06:31:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

Does anybody reproduce the gasket in this picture, circled in red.  I've found all the other gaskets listed for Shaker assembles/hood rings, etc. but not this one unless this one listed by Detroit Muscle is the same one. 

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/mopar-e-body-70-71-barracuda-challenger-shaker-baseplate-warm-air-door-seal/

The opening in the base plate is oval in shape and their gasket is round, although I assume if it's the right size it can be installed as an oval.

Second question, the Shaker was off the car when I bought it and I don't have the shaker base plate attachment feet (for lack of a better description).  However, before I order some are they compatible with aftermarket intake manifolds, i.e. Holley Dominator?  And if not what are you guys doing that are running Shaker hood assemblies with aftermarket intakes?   :notsure: :dunno:

Chryco Psycho

I would talk to @MoparDave about the seal
i assume you have a 4bbl shaker as they are the only ones that had the feet , you will probably have to create your own using a different height intake

usraptor

MoparDave

the adapter ring is the same for all of the shaker kits. the base plate is where they are different. Intake doesn't matter too much unless it is really taller than the stock height manifold.?? you will have issues with any carb that has top bowl screws. NONE of the stock shaker base plates made are made that way.

this is what I did to make a newer style holley carb work.  Found a holley drop base air cleaner and grafted the base into the shaker base plate.   

As for the cold air door seal. Of all of the kits we have sold. I've never had any ask for that seal. But DMT does make a replacement. I would think that will have to be glued into place.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

usraptor

Thanks Dave and Floyd?  Dave, I wonder why nobody has asked for a replacement of this gasket?  After 48 years mine is pretty hammered.   :dunno: