Main Menu

Shaker cold door measurements

Started by Fern, September 12, 2022, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Fern

I need a cold door for a shaker. The triangular door .
With the cost of them being way up there, I was planning on fabricating my own. Can anyone give me some measurements?
How tall, how long from front to point on triangle, and how wide. I have pictures so making it look somewhat original shouldn't be too hard.
Thanks

Fern

No shaker guys out there that can measure there cold door?
I would appreciate it.
Or is there a site that has measurements someone knows about?
Thanks in advance

larry4406

@mccannix  I think has a few of the shaker original fab drawings.  Maybe he can help?

mccannix

I dont know that you could fabricate one cheaper that you could buy one unless you have the tooling to do so

But here are a couple measurements.

The mounting tabs that mount the door to the rear of the shaker grills and the tabs where the baffle mounts to will be the

toughest areas of fabrication.

If you proceed with this undertaking, I have a few pieces left over from Fram inventory, the baffle, the steel washers and

brass bushings, the baffle rods, the rod mounting tab on the baffle,  and the top bar that is spotwelded to the door....for a

lot less than you could ever fabricate them for.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fern

Quote from: mccannix on September 17, 2022, 07:05:48 PM
I dont know that you could fabricate one cheaper that you could buy one unless you have the tooling to do so

But here are a couple measurements.

The mounting tabs that mount the door to the rear of the shaker grills and the tabs where the baffle mounts to will be the

toughest areas of fabrication.

If you proceed with this undertaking, I have a few pieces left over from Fram inventory, the baffle, the steel washers and

brass bushings, the baffle rods, the rod mounting tab on the baffle,  and the top bar that is spotwelded to the door....for a

lot less than you could ever fabricate them for.

Thank you for the response.  I will give it a try this winter.