Main Menu

Shaker Cold Air cable question.

Started by usraptor, April 27, 2018, 05:01:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

I ordered a new Cold Air cable for my shaker assembly a couple of year ago; the one that connects under the dash with the red label.  I went to hook it up to my Shaker base today it is extends several inches past the bell crank that it's supposed to connect to.  Did they make different length cables and I got the wrong one?  Routed wrong??  Any ideas would be appreciated.   :help:

Plumcrazzy

Just hook it up and let the slack take care of itself. You can clip the slack to any available location if it rubs anything.

anlauto

Slack is taken up inside the car usually :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

fc7cuda

Is it mounted where the vent cables go?  That would be too close and cause excessive slack.  Otherwise, there is supposed to be some slack to allow for motor movement and installation. 

I have an original one if you need a measurement, LMK.

:cheers:

usraptor

fc7cuda, when you say "is it mounted where the vent cable go?" do you mean under the dash or where it comes out of the firewall?  If you're referring to under the dash, yes it's mounted next to the fresh air vent cables, but that's the way it was originally so I don't understand why that would cause excessive slack.   :dunno:
If you could grab a quick measurement of your cable it would be greatly appreciated.   :twothumbsup:

usraptor

fc7cuda, your post about the cables being next to the vent pulls got me thinking and I started doing some research.  Come to find out your are correct!  :worship: :clapping:  I had the cable attached to the dash in the wrong place per pics of what I believe to be a 71 dash layout instead of a 1970.  After crawling under my dash I located the holes under the radio to mount the "Carb Air" cable to.  Hopefully I'll get to it later today.  After being in the 80s all weekend it's snowing again this morning.  Gotta love Utah weather.   :looney:  If you don't like it, just wait five minutes.   Thanks for the suggestion.   :twothumbsup:

anlauto

The above picture is the wrong location.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

Alan, it goes under the radio correct?

culp71

usraptor

culp71

you got it! one more pic for a little more detail.