Main Menu

Silly Hood Emblem Question for N96

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, October 28, 2022, 10:43:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

I did my cursory search here and the interwebs and found lots of emblems for sale bot not the answer I was looking for - my car is not an original N96 car, but I picked up an AMD shaker hood and trim ring as part of a stash I found locally - it has hood pin holes, but also the 3 holes for the Plymouth emblem on the nose - I was under the impression that the 1970 'Cuda did not have the "Plymouth" emblem - education please! :notsure:

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

6bblgt

Plymouth E-BODY hoods:
1970 = NO "PLYMOUTH"
1971 = with "PLYMOUTH" emblem

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on October 28, 2022, 11:18:04 AM
Sounds like you picked up a 71 hood :dunno:

Well, that would make sense since the guy I got everything from has a '71!  :rofl:

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 28, 2022, 11:12:02 AM
Plymouth E-BODY hoods:
1970 = NO "PLYMOUTH"
1971 = with "PLYMOUTH" emblem

Thank you sir!

Filthy Filbert

Does your guy with a local stash have another AMD shaker hood?   They've been out of stock for about a year now I believe, and won't respond to my question of "when will they be back in stock?"     --all the other times I asked about panels getting back in stock and they were quick with replies, even if answer wasn't soon.

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on October 28, 2022, 11:34:19 AM
Does your guy with a local stash have another AMD shaker hood?   They've been out of stock for about a year now I believe, and won't respond to my question of "when will they be back in stock?"     --all the other times I asked about panels getting back in stock and they were quick with replies, even if answer wasn't soon.

I wish!  I bought everything he had, mainly for the hood as I am still trying to hunt down an original Sports hood - I would like to have both...