Main Menu

Stripes

Started by ToxicWolf, January 15, 2017, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ToxicWolf

I hope to get the challenger running on the streets within the next month.  I have been trying to come up with stripes.  The car is an orange 1970 challenger that looks pretty original but has updated suspension and drive train so not defined as a restoration.

I did this in Photoshop. Do you know anyone that could make something like this out of vinyl or is this strictly a paint on thing.

Cuda Cody

Looks really good!  Got a classic look but with a modern wist.  I would have someone make it out of a decal.  You might try Gary.  He should be able to do that for you. 

http://www.challengergary.com/contact.html

ToxicWolf

Thanks Cody

Gary has made decals for me before and his work was excellent.   I'll get some pictures off to him.

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 15, 2017, 11:56:49 AM
Looks really good!  Got a classic look but with a modern wist.  I would have someone make it out of a decal.  You might try Gary.  He should be able to do that for you. 

http://www.challengergary.com/contact.html

That who I would suggest also. Gary did my stripes and the Dodge logo on the spoiler.

ToxicWolf

Thanks Brad.  I'm on it.   :ohyeah:

Moparman82

Cant wait to see this car hitting the roads, been a long journey for sure, good luck with the finishing touches
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Moparman82 on January 15, 2017, 06:30:58 PM
Cant wait to see this car hitting the roads, been a long journey for sure, good luck with the finishing touches

Takes a lot of love and a long time to bring these cars back to life, but it is a fun trip.  Mark has a local guy coming over to the shop next week to see about vinyl stripe work too.  We shall see.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.    :woohoo:

Brads70

ToxicWolf

blown motor

A couple other ideas you might want to mock up on photoshop. One, a much smaller "HEMI" turned vertical on the end of the stripe. Two, HE set above MI on the end of the stripe replicating the old RT . Just a thought.                                                                                                                                                 
                          T

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

I like the idea, simple enough to recreate probably  :ohyeah:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ToxicWolf

Quote from: blown motor on January 16, 2017, 05:31:53 AM
A couple other ideas you might want to mock up on photoshop. One, a much smaller "HEMI" turned vertical on the end of the stripe. Two, HE set above MI on the end of the stripe replicating the old RT . Just a thought.                                                                                                                                                 
                          T

We will mock up several possibilities.  We also have a guy making clear protective plates that will protect the low painted areas from chips by tire thrown rocks.  :cool: