Main Menu

Trunk Lid paint on a TA Challenger

Started by anlauto, March 08, 2018, 01:06:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Is this a factory "black-out" treatment on the trunk lid of a T/A ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

:popcorn: It sure looks that way. I have never seen that before and I'm guessing you haven't either. Be curious to see if anybody knows for sure.

anlauto

I've only restored one original TA and it didn't come to me before paint, so I don't know how it looked originally, but I was just going through old photos....I have one with the spoiler in place and no black-out.....then another with black-out.....So I must have figured it out at one point....but I have never seen an original lid without the spoiler in place.....Interesting photo... :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

Yes, the black out rear treatment carries up to the deck lid and then there are vinyl decals that go on top of the rear quarters that align with the spoiler.

anlauto

Yea...I've seen the TSB's before, never an actual lid...

Shane Kelley

Would the be flat black or organisol?  Learned something new today!

Cuda Cody

The sheet shows it as organasol, but what they used on the factory line could have been different.   :notsure:

headejm

Looks like that car might of had a bumblebee stripe at one time.  :notsure:

Cuda Cody

Not my photos, but they are of an original TA  :bigthumb:

RUNCHARGER

That must have been about the way they shot it too I bet.
Sheldon

Floyd

I've seen multiple original paint T/As with blackout like that on Troy's bronze T/A. I have pics somewhere of an original paint green go T/A with black paint all the way under the spoiler, like in the engineering drawings.  I'll dig it up and post it.