Main Menu

Trunk lid stuck!

Started by dylo, April 07, 2020, 06:36:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dylo

Hi all,

I need some help, my GC rag top trunk lid has become stuck in the closed position and i cannot open it! I believe something in the trunk has possibly fouled the rods as i don't have a trunk lock cover on the inside. The key turns, but the lid doesn't pop. The rag top is currently down and the dash is out so i cannot close the top to give me more trunk access from behind the rear seat.

Any tricks on how to pop the bastard open?

1 Wild R/T

Have you tried pushing down on the deck lid while turning the key?

GoodysGotaCuda

Go real fast and slam on the brakes, then try it.  :bricks:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dodj

I don't have a vert but can't you just temporarily hook up the top mechanism to a battery and put it up? Then go through the back seat and pop the trunk with a flat screwdriver. :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: dodj on April 07, 2020, 07:51:23 PM
I don't have a vert but can't you just temporarily hook up the top mechanism to a battery and put it up? Then go through the back seat and pop the trunk with a flat screwdriver. :dunno:

If pushing down doesn't work that'll be next... The top pump is mounted behind the seats blocking access to the trunk so crawling back there is tough but raising the top is pretty easy & once thats done he should be able to use a really long screwdriver to twist the lock....

dylo

Thanks for the ideas guys. I will work on getting the top up tomorrow and we'll see how I go back there.

JS29

:idea: A screwdriver taped to a broom handle.  :alan2cents:

jimynick

Quote from: JS29 on April 08, 2020, 11:52:13 AM
:idea: A screwdriver taped to a broom handle.  :alan2cents:
Yep, or a combination of 3/8 drive extensions to undo the latch bolts. This is where that 20" extension really pays for itself.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"