Main Menu

Trunk seal

Started by IRON MAN, April 29, 2019, 11:05:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

IRON MAN

A 1973 Challenger with the "Rallye Package" option was at the Annual Benicia car show. The car is pristine with only 47,000 miles. The trunk seal on it has perforations every few inches and a unique molded contour. Is this the original trunk seal? If so, any vendors selling it?

Burdar

When I was doing my car, the correct seal was not being reproduced.  AFAIK, it still isn't available.  I'm pretty sure I saved the original seal.  If I can find it, I can post a picture of the profile.  The correct seal is hollow.  It isn't a solid piece of foam like the replacements.

IRON MAN

I spoke with the owner of the 73 Challenger. He purchased the car from a guy who purchased the Challenger new. He has an enormous classic car collection in Washington State. He said the trunk seal is original and lifted the floor mat to show it never leaked. I recently installed YEARONE's trunk seal and it is the smooth supple hollow-style that Roseville sells too. The second picture shows the perforated holes better in the trunk seal. Guess the holes purpose is to let trapped air out?