Main Menu

stripes

Started by GoMangoBoys, December 01, 2020, 06:07:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

We are going to go with the longitudinal stripe and the hood stripe.  I understand that these are decals.  Where is the best place to get them?  We are doing a basecoat / clearcoat.  Should I do a coat of clear over the stripes?
Thanks.

anlauto

I'm not sure the status of Performance Car Graphics, but they would be my first choice. :twothumbsup:
Up next will be Phoenix Graphix  :bigthumb:

Remember the side stripes are gloss and the hood strip is matte black
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I would say Performance Graphics is the best source, but they show closed after Dave Patik passed away recently and I don't know if they will reopen?
Which leaves Phoenix Graphics as perhaps the only source still open.
Do not clear coat over the stripes, it looks like crap.  Put the stripes on after the painting process is complete.  In fact, restoration shops often install stripes as one of their last steps.  If a stripe gets damaged, or paint gets scratched at some point during the the reassembly process requiring a quarter, fender or door to get repainted, you will need to buy another stripe kit and spend the time installing it.  All of which can be avoided by installing the stripes as one of the last steps in a restoration.

anlauto

Quote from: Floyd on December 01, 2020, 06:18:11 AM
Best place for most accurate is probably here:

https://ecs-automotive-concepts.myshopify.com/collections/mopar-decals/products/factory-correct-1970-r-t-longitudinal-stripes

That's odd...Dave spent countless hours getting these stripes absolutely perfect for his white car with blue stripes, yet they don't offer the stripes in blue  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rich G.

I used Phoenix Graphics for my 73 cuda. And they did sell me one side only after I screwed up on my first attempt 😩 

ek3

Quote from: JH27N0B on December 01, 2020, 06:19:17 AM
I would say Performance Graphics is the best source, but they show closed after Dave Patik passed away recently and I don't know if they will reopen?
Which leaves Phoenix Graphics as perhaps the only source still open.
Do not clear coat over the stripes, it looks like crap.  Put the stripes on after the painting process is complete.  In fact, restoration shops often install stripes as one of their last steps.  If a stripe gets damaged, or paint gets scratched at some point during the the reassembly process requiring a quarter, fender or door to get repainted, you will need to buy another stripe kit and spend the time installing it.  All of which can be avoided by installing the stripes as one of the last steps in a restoration.
good advice... also let the paint off gas/cure.. and get the doors final adjusted with all the weight on the car so its all straight too..

GoMangoBoys

Thanks,  I am looking at the Phoenix Graphics page.  I have a couple of questions.  We will have an RT logo in the grill and the D O D G E letters on the hood.  Do I still get the R/T hood blackout to be proper for an RT?  None of the pictures that I see of the R/T hood blackout have the D O D G E letters shown.  Also, they are showing an option to get the Scat Pack Bees decals.  Their page says that they were on all 1970 Dodge muscle cars.  Is this right?  Are these proper for our car, 383 R/T?  They are cool, but I don't want to put them on the car if it makes us look like idiots who don't know that they don't belong.

anlauto

1970 Challengers never had R/T on the hood, just solid black-out with the DODGE letters.

chargerdon

For the 1970 Challenger side stripes non RT Year One has it for $99.93 (i can add a cheap fuel filter to get over $100 for free shipping).   

Anything wrong with their Stripes???   

69BFan

Check with Dale's Cuda Shop as they can take care of the stripe kits and decals for the Challenger.
https://www.dalescudashop.com/challstripessec.html
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.