Main Menu

Undercoating rear wheel well

Started by Xghobo, January 28, 2023, 02:18:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Xghobo

When undercoating the rear wheel wells did they undercoat the trunk floor/ quarter panel extensions?

anlauto

For most of the cars I've stripped, they had a little on the extensions, but not much  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

First of all, Chrysler undercoated cars in the 70's are like snowflakes. No two are alike. The fuel lines, brake lines, fuel tank, and muffler shields were installed prior to undercoating. The mufflers were not installed yet. The muffler shields will have a lot of undercoating on them but probably not completely covered. They weren't trying to undercoat the shield necessarily. The fuel tank could have some overspray on the sides closest to the muffler shields. They weren't trying to undercoat the fuel tank either.

Those photos in the linked article above are very good.

anlauto

There's also vast differences if you're asking about a car that was coded for the extra cost option of undercoating vs the undercoat put in the wheel wells of every other car
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration