Main Menu

Underside of the trunk lid - What's yours look like?

Started by cataclysm80, February 07, 2017, 05:12:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cataclysm80

Quote from: ec_co on April 20, 2017, 05:11:38 PM
@70/6chall  just joined, hopefully he'll see this and might post his up

He has an extremely early built LA Challenger, so it would be great to see what his trunk lid looks like.
I wonder if he knows whether his trunk latch bar was originally painted or not.

Jim AAR

1970 AAR Cuda, build date March 1970........

Latch Hook was painted, no paint underneath latch hook.....

Deadeye74

Here is my 74 Cuda...door sticker 1-74...if it helps.

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

1970. built Oct 69....

HR738

cataclysm80

It's great to see all these trunk lids, Thanks!   
Keep them coming!   :)

FSHTAIL

This is my 73 BS23H
My car was originally red.   The previous owner told me that the person he bought the car off of used a bunch of parts from a Limelight 70 AAR that was T-boned in the early 90s which led to my car being an AAR clone.

I just found out the original owners address.     I hope to touch base with them via snail mail to see if they might still have the cars original fender tags. 

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

FSHTAIL

^^^^

Could that be an AAR trunk lid
based on what I've seen above?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Wayno56

Here are some photos of my car. Original paint. Is the SPD the numbers by the striker?

6bblgt

Quote from: Wayno56 on December 02, 2017, 05:22:37 AM
Here are some photos of my car. Original paint. Is the SPD the numbers by the striker?

based on your VIN number, your car was "scheduled" B12 (11/12/69)
based on your door sticker, your car wasn't final assembled until 12-1969 (December)

I haven't started to track sheet-metal "lot codes", but SS48-2A may decode simply as: Sterling Stamping week 48 - shift 2 line A - or NOT  :dunno:

but that being decoded as a week of the year production on your decklid would work well with a Dec. '69 built car

do you have a broadcast sheet?

Wayno56

Unfortunetly No I do not have the broadcast sheet. I got it from an estate sale, it is a 12,000 mile survivor car.

Wayno56

@6bblgt my SPD on my fender tag is B12 which is scheduled to be built Nov. 1969 on the 12th day

6bblgt

@Wayno56 yes, the VIN was assigned & the build was "SCHEDULED" for 11/12/69, BUT the car was actually built (finished) ~3 weeks later during December of '69.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

could you check some of the date codes on component that are usually found close to Actual Production Date: Engine assembly date, wiper motor date, wheel dates, tire dates

6bblgt

@Wayno56  :thinking: does your car have an aluminum intake manifold?

cataclysm80

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on December 01, 2017, 07:04:31 PM
Could that be an AAR trunk lid
based on what I've seen above?

Chris, the trunk lid you have is definitely a 1970 trunk lid, same as was used during AAR production.
Yes, it's likely from that AAR you've heard about.

Your original 1973 trunk lid would not have had any holes to mount the AAR spoiler.