Main Menu

vent line

Started by GoMangoBoys, March 15, 2021, 03:47:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I was given this vent line by the awesome and generous @Dakota.  Now I need to figure out what to do with it.  I know that it connects to teh vent on top of the fill pipe.  What I don't know is where the other end goes.
Thanks

Skdmark

Quote from: GoMangoBoys on March 15, 2021, 03:47:50 PM
I was given this vent line by the awesome and generous @Dakota.  Now I need to figure out what to do with it.  I know that it connects to teh vent on top of the fill pipe.  What I don't know is where the other end goes.
Thanks

Other end goes to the tank. Correction vented to atmosphere.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Dakota

It's definitely hard to tell from the Service Manual where the end of that line goes.

I have mine teed into the fuel tank vent, and the 3rd line off the tee runs to the front of the car.   I've seen descriptions of folks just pointing the end of the line down towards the ground.   I didn't want my garage smelling of gasoline so the line to the front is routed to a generic carbon cannister mounted in the front passenger side wheel well against the core support.   The carbon cannister is set up with a vacuum switch that uses ported vacuum to open so the cannister contents will get sucked into the carb once the engine is above idle.  I count on the FiTech computer to adjust the fuel mixture as needed for the extra vapors.

I won't be near my car for a bit so I will have to do some searching for pictures.

headejm

On my 1970 Challenger, one end connects to the gas filler tube in the trunk, the other end goes through the trunk floor (through the grommeted plate) and the end is just stuffed into the side of the frame rail. Venting to the atmosphere.

anlauto

:iagree: correct...the pink car pictured is wrong, it should be in the frame rail.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

Added the green car. Looks like that one is routed into the ECS oval port.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

EV2RTSE

Doesn't the pink car have it right? Looks like it is going into the frame rail through that little hole.

anlauto

Quote from: EV2RTSE on March 16, 2021, 05:34:34 AM
Doesn't the pink car have it right? Looks like it is going into the frame rail through that little hole.

Yes, which is wrong in my opinion.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

tparker

Frame rail? What's that all about? How is that, well anything? What's the diff between this and the big fat vent tube that is also in this location? Was it a year thing? Mine is a California Car with the fat vent tube, or whatever it is called.

anlauto

This is a 1970 Challenger WITHOUT California emissions. That "fat tube" is part of the emission package in 1970 and standard on 71-72.