Main Menu

Vinyl roof template

Started by boydsdodge, March 22, 2020, 03:18:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

boydsdodge

Hello all, wondering if there is a vinyl roof template for the rear lower trim. My car did not come from factory with vinyl top but had a dealer installed top. I have repaired the rust around rear window and I am thinking of going with correct vinyl top or maybe I won't.
Any pictures of F7 green Challengers with or with out vinyl top you want to share?
Thanks.

boydsdodge

What I am after and a pic of when I bought it many years ago.

RusTy/SE

I've had this pic for many years showing the width difference between standard and SE vinyl top trim.

Also your final vision looks great :bradsthumb:

What stopped me in my tracks is the picture showing the cop car wheels :wowzers:

I purchased 4 15x7 and 2 15x8 examples for my car back in 2007 and seeing the set on yours just blew me away, that's a tough look  :yes:

Good luck with the progress!
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

boydsdodge

Thanks.
The paint on the cop wheels is Dupli color CMX101 Charcoal Textured Metallic
I haven't looked for it in a while but it should be out there some where.

Brads70

Gator grain would be cool! As far as position is concerned if you lay the trim on the car it really only sits comfortably is the one spot. Use masking tape and draw it 's position , then you will know where to drill for the clips.

EV2RTSE

Saved these for reference a while back.

tparker

That is ingenious layout measuring.

BFM_Cuda

Very nicely detailed pictures EV2RTSE, I would also vote for laying your trim in place with some tape to mark the locations along with the reference pics above.

anlauto

Incredible pictures :worship: @Cuda Cody we need these saved in our reference section  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

boydsdodge

Thank you very much, those pics are great. Now to decide.

Cuda Cody

Great idea @anlauto   I've added them to the hole location thread.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/e-body-hole-locations-firewall-door-interior-ect/303/

Thank you @EV2RTSE  for sharing those great photos.   :veryexcited:

Quote from: anlauto on March 22, 2020, 07:24:27 PM
Incredible pictures :worship: @Cuda Cody we need these saved in our reference section  :alan2cents:

7E-Bodies

A pic of my 70 JS23U0B that I still grieve over selling in '87. I was too young and ignorant so I can't say if it was F4 or F7. And the sad part? I did the repaint. Face—>Palm.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green