Main Menu

Vinyl wrap

Started by Cbridgewater, August 17, 2020, 08:21:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cbridgewater

So, I was considering painting my bumpers and trim some type of black, but then got the bright idea of doing them in a vinyl wrap. Still has the polished finish of the original trim underneath in case I eventually want to put it back. If you're wondering, it's a 72 Challenger 318 car (now 340) nothing fancy, but I am looking to do more of a restomod type build. Anyone have experience using wrap?

RUNCHARGER

Wrap is pretty awesome especially if you have a good guy doing it.
Sheldon

Cbridgewater

It's cheap enough to buy, I figure I'll give it a shot myself first and see how I like it, then go from there.

cuda hunter

Please post pictures of your process.  Very curious of your outcome.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

challengermaniac

Very tedious work.......... be sure to get a quality wrap material!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

Cudajason

that's a great idea...where would you by the wrap???

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

benlavigne

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 17, 2020, 10:01:03 PM
Wrap is pretty awesome especially if you have a good guy doing it.
Or gal! Meet Christina, who did my Bumblebee... For those who follow Nick's Garage on YouTube, she's Vassily's wife, she has an awesome 700+HP Chevelle with a pink Big Block!

Ben

Cbridgewater

3m wrap is available online from a few vendors

Burdar

QuoteOr gal! Meet Christina, who did my Bumblebee... For those who follow Nick's Garage on YouTube, she's Vassily's wife, she has an awesome 700+HP Chevelle with a pink Big Block

Did she use that razor tape to cut the stripe outline after the vinyl was on?

benlavigne

Quote from: Burdar on August 24, 2020, 09:46:42 AM
QuoteOr gal! Meet Christina, who did my Bumblebee... For those who follow Nick's Garage on YouTube, she's Vassily's wife, she has an awesome 700+HP Chevelle with a pink Big Block

Did she use that razor tape to cut the stripe outline after the vinyl was on?

Yes, I thought it was a great idea!

Ben