Main Menu

Body wrap

Started by bc3j, March 21, 2019, 02:49:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bc3j

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever wrapped an E body before? As a retired law enforcement executive, all our cruiser were wrapped. My son-in-law is a truck driver and his company no longer paints the trucks but wraps them in the company colors. Just wondering if anyone has ever considered wrapping a car. I'm constantly considering putting a TA hood on the car and maybe wrapping the hood. Interest was aroused again after an indoor custom show where I saw a Bentley with a carbon fiber hood wrap. It was impressive. Thoughts?

Rich G.

I wanted to wrap my car so I wouldn't have to paint it but didn't have the heart to do it. I've seen new challengers done. I think the novelty would wear off soon.

mopar thunder

My sons car has a hood, roof , trunklid wrapped in carbon fiber and it looks good. Now its not an Ebody though. Best of all it can be removed if you want to do it, its not permanent so you could paint it later.

Daveh

But aren't those wraps expensive?  My sons friend just paid 5 grand to have his older BMW wrapped.  It looks amazing but for something temporary I don't see it.  Now I have seen that clear protective coating applied and that looks great and you would never know it's there but still expensive. 

dave73

Expensive for something you can peel off

RUNCHARGER

I think it has it's place. It's great to change the look of your car and protect the paint underneath for 5 years and then change it or peel it off. Paint isn't cheap these days either.
Sheldon

IRON MAN

The last car show I went to, I talked to a participant showing his Dodge DEMON. He paid five grand to have it clear wrapped.

dave73

Quote from: IRON MAN on March 22, 2019, 09:11:02 AM
The last car show I went to, I talked to a participant showing his Dodge DEMON. He paid five grand to have it clear wrapped.

I guess if he had the money to buy a demon, that 5k didn't hurt his pocket too much

GoodysGotaCuda

Full vehicle Wraps are quite pricey. That said, I wouldn't buy a car with a wrap on it, who knows what's under there.

Just a hood or smaller section wouldn't be bad to try it out on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

js27

I work for a sign company and we print wraps for our service trucks. They are durable and look great when done right.  They do scratch and tear just the same as paint would scratch or chip if you hit something. It is a fast and cheap compared to painting. All top fuel and funny cars that change sponsors from race to race are wraps.
JS27

RUNCHARGER

When I bought my Viper there was on 08 orange coupe for sale with low miles that was wrapped. I would have bought it in an instant if it was mint orange but yeah there was no way of knowing.
Sheldon

aussiemark

I think it is like putting a modern frame on the Mona Lisa, things like this are for modern (disposable) cars same as 20 inch wheels and huge rear spoilers.