Main Menu

Where to get new hood springs?

Started by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER, September 15, 2019, 03:45:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Well searched but no results....where is the best place to get new hood springs, not hinges, just the springs?

gzig5

I'm not sure about new (probably Dave @ Roseville Moparts), but I think I may have a set of used originals in my pile of extra stuff..  I also have some extra, light duty springs I bought for use with my fiberglass AAR hood.  These hold the hood up without putting as much tension on the hinge/hood.  Let me know if interested in either.

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

MoparDave

springs are not available separate from AMD other than buying the set. the Dynacorn hinges do NOT come with the spring. you can try SMS and see if they have extra. but other than that . salvage only.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Quote from: MoparDave on September 16, 2019, 05:02:54 AM
springs are not available separate from AMD other than buying the set. the Dynacorn hinges do NOT come with the spring. you can try SMS and see if they have extra. but other than that . salvage only.

Thank you Dave.  After looking all over, I kind of come up with the same opinion.  Just tired of hitting my head cause the hood come back down about 6".  May have to get the hinge kit after all.  I figure most salvage is stretched out too.   Thanks again.  David.