Main Menu

Windshield/Rear glass install tips

Started by Aar1064, February 23, 2017, 06:09:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Aar1064

Well thanks to everyone here, I think I have everything I need to do this right. This will be done in the next month or so so I'll post the results.

One question though. Regarding placement of glass in relation to the moulding, should it be flush with roof?

Thanks for the help

Cuda Cody

If you hold the trim up there prior to putting the windows in you'll get an idea of where the glass goes.  If I recall correctly it's about 3/16" to 1/4" lower then the body. 

Quote from: Aar1064 on February 24, 2017, 03:56:03 AM
Well thanks to everyone here, I think I have everything I need to do this right. This will be done in the next month or so so I'll post the results.

One question though. Regarding placement of glass in relation to the moulding, should it be flush with roof?

Thanks for the help

headejm

The glass channel w/vinyl roof (my car) is 3/4" deep. My original glass is 9/32" (0.280") thick. Next, it would depend on the thickness of the butyl tape you are using. 5/16" butyl tape will compress to a smaller height. I agree with Cody...the glass should sit not more but close to 1/4" below the roof line.

Aar1064

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 24, 2017, 10:15:54 AM
If you hold the trim up there prior to putting the windows in you'll get an idea of where the glass goes.  If I recall correctly it's about 3/16" to 1/4" lower then the body. 

Quote from: Aar1064 on February 24, 2017, 03:56:03 AM

Ok. I'll be sure and check before installation.

Thanks for the help