Main Menu

Wiper Drive Link and Connecting Link Color?

Started by nicka, October 22, 2020, 02:41:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nicka

Is the wiper connecting link and drive Link that reside under the cowl clear/ primer & body color? I did spot some body color on both links so guessing that they are installed either with primer of just clear and when the cowl got painted, they got body color?  I'm currently sorting some parts for primer and clear.  Not sure on the wiper motor link assembly.

Floyd

The arms are plated black, the pivots are natural, and the link that connects to the wiper motor is silver cadmium.

anlauto

Quote from: nicka on October 22, 2020, 02:41:53 PM
Is the wiper connecting link and drive Link that reside under the cowl clear/ primer & body color? I did spot some body color on both links so guessing that they are installed either with primer of just clear and when the cowl got painted, they got body color?  I'm currently sorting some parts for primer and clear.  Not sure on the wiper motor link assembly.

These were installed long after the body was painted, so there should be no signs of body colour on them :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nicka

nicka

An order of DP90LF primer came in.  Time to have some fun.  I thought I saw a skosh of green paint on one of the linkages, but we are good.

Thanks again.

Skdmark

@Floyd that looks fantastic.

Did you restore it yourself or have a recommended source?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Floyd

I take no credit.  I sent it to Stephan Fournier in Canada for resto.  He does really nice work. I can post contact info if needed. 

That said, it's probably a bit of overkill to spend a bunch on theses parts.  They're pretty hard to see once installed.

340Challman

Quote from: Floyd on October 24, 2020, 04:40:13 PM
I take no credit.  I sent it to Stephan Fournier in Canada for resto.  He does really nice work. I can post contact info if needed. 

That said, it's probably a bit of overkill to spend a bunch on theses parts.  They're pretty hard to see once installed.

It's all in the details Floyd. 8) But it looks like you know that. :perfect10:

I could use that contact info. Thanks.
Kevin

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration