Main Menu

Wiper Linkage

Started by Gary AAR, April 01, 2021, 07:34:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

Was getting ready to put new brass bushings into my windshield wiper links on my 1970 Cuda, when I noticed the ends of the "Left to Right" link (part no. 2822291) have a slight bend in relation to the middle portion of the link.  If I lay a straight edge along the link, you can see the slight bend at the ends of the link.  See the photos below.  I'm hoping someone can tell me the ends of the link are supposed to be bent like that.  Anybody have any links out of a car that could confirm the slight bends on the end?
Thanks for the help.

Jay Bee

I can't say if it's suppose to be that way. I can only offer up pictures of one that's been in my basement forever and I plan on using it on my car because the bushings are in better shape. Hopefully more examples will show up.
PS- Both sides bend down on mine in case the top pic is not 100% clear.

Ns1aar

I have 5 that are bent like ours
Ns1aar.com

Gary AAR

Thanks for the replies.  Looks like the bends are supposed to be there.  Jay Bee... both ends on my link are bent down like yours.  Now its on to pressing in the new bushings.
Thanks.

anlauto

Yea, they all have slight bends :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration