Main Menu

2024 Mopar Nationals - August 9-11

Started by TWS, August 03, 2024, 04:14:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TWS

No Mopar Nats thread yet?

Will be there again in the swap area, spots L11-L12.  Stop by for some shade or water!  We will have mostly Challenger/E-body parts...70-only trim, 440-6, T/A, gauges, starters, alternators, etc.  Hope the weather holds!  See ya there, Tim

anlauto

It's been years since I've been to that show, is it still the same ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

Unfortunately, the Nats has declined in almost all aspects over the past ten years.  If you have never been to Carlisle, then the Nats is huge.  But the swap meet is approximately 60% of what it was 15 to 20 years ago.  The manufacturers midway is basically non existent and is more filled with some food vendors, t-shirt and phone case vendors.  The car show is probably half the size of what it was back in the mid 90s to early 2000s.  The drag racing is still the big draw and still fills the pit area.

Cruising on Brice died many years ago and moved to Heath.  By the time that we leave the track and eat, it is bedtime for us to start the next day.  But for others, there seems to be some organized cruise activities in Heath and Buckeye Lake.  I would say that this is one of the major draws for this event.

Hate to see any event decline in participation, but we are seeing it with all of the shows, whether it is a major marquee event or local community show. Attending these events as a participant or a spectator gets more expensive each and every year and everyone is having to make the decision as to which event best suits their desires.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

hrtbkr

:burnout: If you forget what it was in the past, it's still a great show.
The car show is huge with lots of stuff you'll never see elsewhere.
The swap is also huge with a great selection and some vendors you won't see anywhere else.
Plus, there's drag racing. 
The Buckeye Lake cruise is pretty good and there's a big cruise at the dealership Saturday night.
Definitely worth the trip

Jay Bee

Burdar

General Lee jump...
https://youtu.be/GkQ7hDsCFpM?si=zCHLm8wicPXXYSyQ

Local officials have cracked down on rowdy behavior on public roads.  Burnouts at Buckeye Lake have been good in the past but I heard they weren't tolerated this year.(We didn't even go into Buckeye Lake this year.) A burnout box was created on the exit road out of the Nats like in years past and there were some good ones.  I even saw a guy put his 9 year old behind the wheel of his A-body and do a burnout on the exit road.(dad was in the passengers seat) That's not a decision I would have made with all the cars and people around but it happened.  The weather was perfect all weekend with highs in the upper 70s to low 80s.

The Heath Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer put on another car show/ burnout contest in their lot Saturday night.  They had food trucks and music as well.  Here's a short video of the burnout action at the dealership.  Watch the deisel Ram until the end. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSH0puO_Voc

MEK-Dangerous

Major damage on that General Lee, but they nailed the jump... It's just the landing that hurt to see.

I went to the Nats back in 2009. I had always heard that Brice Road was the place to be, but even back then, they were cracking down on people. Now that I'm an old geezer, I totally get the cracking down on public roads.

Thanks for the videos. 

JH27N0B

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on August 13, 2024, 12:02:28 PMMajor damage on that General Lee, but they nailed the jump... It's just the landing that hurt to see.

I went to the Nats back in 2009. I had always heard that Brice Road was the place to be, but even back then, they were cracking down on people. Now that I'm an old geezer, I totally get the cracking down on public roads.

Thanks for the videos. 
Thankfully the General Lees they use for that stunt are actually Ford Crown Vic/Mercury Marquises that they put AMD sheetmetal on to look like Chargers.  No Chargers have been harmed in the making of that jump!
Brice Road was big a long time ago, but in more recent times the Mopar Nats action moved to other towns.  The only year I went there with a car in the show was 2008 for the "year of the Challenger" feature.  Heath was the place to be in the evening then, I had a real good time watching burnouts being done along the main road there. At the time, the towns police chief was a car guy with a Dodge Dart race car painted up in a police scheme!
Those were the good old days, now I hear no towns tolerate any craziness, so a burnout pit set up at a dealership that hosts a party is the only place to see after hours excitement.