Main Menu

Car show disaster

Started by chargerdon, May 19, 2024, 05:36:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

I was a bit confused why the church would  be  held liable as they  didn't do anything related to the accident. Perhaps the car show should be held liable if this happened as part of the Car Show official events that they were negligent about. We have had people drive there cars into trees and had a nice RoadRunner or something similar totaled after our show last year by a Drunk Driver. People try to erect shade tents which can fly away and damage others cars. These clearly are not the fault of the show.

I feel a person so causes the damages should be the primary person held accountable. It sucks for that person, but what the heck. If the guy stepped out of a golf cart and failed to secure the vehicle when it is parked on the hill, I would start there. Unless the cart was faulty, then that would go a different direction.

ANyways, glad your getting it resolved. Sorry for the grief you have had to endure

blown motor

I agree that the guy driving the cart should be liable. It is his actions that caused the damage, no one else's.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

It's really no difference from a person letting someone borrow and drive your car. Person driving is first line of responsibility.
If/when that fails, it steps up to owner of said vehicle.
Church is owner of cart. Plus the fact it was on their grounds.
This inherently became their liability because they provided authorization for event and allowed cart usage.
Different story if cart usage was unauthorized and/or stolen without their knowledge.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

chargerdon

Got a date of July 29th to bring my car into the body shop !!  Replacement valance already delivered there from Jeggs..Side marker and turn signal lense to still be delivered.  They say expect car to be returned in 2-3 weeks after that !!

Progress !!!

318Stroker

Quote from: YellowThumper on July 11, 2024, 10:10:43 AMIt's really no difference from a person letting someone borrow and drive your car. Person driving is first line of responsibility.
If/when that fails, it steps up to owner of said vehicle.
Church is owner of cart. Plus the fact it was on their grounds.
This inherently became their liability because they provided authorization for event and allowed cart usage.
Different story if cart usage was unauthorized and/or stolen without their knowledge.

Different states may have different laws but here in Missouri the 1st line of responsiblity is with the owner of the vehicle. If I loan my car and they wreck it, it goes against my insurance.

chargerdon

At this point i dont really care as my insurance has issued me a check and verbally stated that they are going to pursue the person who drove the cart.  I wish them luck!!