Main Menu

CPW Spring Fling 2020. Early heads up

Started by 1 Wild R/T, November 25, 2019, 04:49:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Just an early announcement, the flyer I'm posting isn't a final copy but the dates are right.... So I thought an early announcement might help folks to plan ahead...

boydsdodge

The unofficial start is on the 15th at Willow Springs raceway BBQ and hang out, then on the 16th it is the big day for track time at Willow Springs with all your favourite Mopars and others. this part of the event is hosted by Tim Herron of All Time Racing.
https://www.facebook.com/events/738005590039884/
Then there is the Friday that has the great Mulholland cruise, or to do what you want with the car world around LA and hit up Bob's drive in at night (I like the Burbank Bob's)
Saturday and Sunday is the show and swap at Woodley park in Van Nuys.
I have been coming out to Spring Fling for over 12 years from Toronto, the highlight of the weekend has got to be the day at Willow Springs and hitting the track with the great friends I have made on this annual adventure.
Come on out for a great time.

boydsdodge

This is the latest mailer I received.

nsmall

THANKS @boydsdodge   I live in Lancaster and Im going to ditch work and bring my 9 year old son.  I somehow always forget about this event.  Not this year  :bradsthumb:

70/6chall

I will definitely be there. Looking forward to it.  Thanks,   Al

CudaMoparRay

boydsdodge

Also this event at Willow is the perfect time to get your car on the track. Tim has instructors there that will give lessons in the class room and then out on track, the day is set up with different run groups so your not out with fast group when learning the line and your car. I recomend getting out there. Contact Tim ahead of the date

Cbridgewater

Anyone know if the show will still take place due to the Coronavirus issue?

autoxcuda

Spring Fling is as planned for April 18 & 19, 2020

As of right now the show is on.

Only time is going to tell what is going to happen.

Please watch our website at www.cpwclub.com or contact me directly at stevewall68@gmail.com

Steve
CPW club president
stevewall68@gmail.com
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: autoxcuda on March 16, 2020, 09:40:41 AM
Spring Fling is as planned for April 18 & 19, 2020

As of right now the show is on.

Only time is going to tell what is going to happen.

Please watch our website at www.cpwclub.com or contact me directly at stevewall68@gmail.com

Steve
CPW club president
stevewall68@gmail.com

Hope to see you in about a month....

autoxcuda

This is with much heavy heart, but we wanted to get the word out as soon as we confirmed with the City government. We will miss our Mopar Community coming together for a 34th time in April, but we hope to see you all in October.

Spring Fling 34 has officially been canceled due to the latest government Covid-19 mandate. City park use will not be rescheduled until after September, so we will see you at Fall Fling in October.

Chrysler Performance West Car Club is very sorry about the unfortunate situation in these unprecedented times. We appreciate your patience as club volunteers work on refunding event pre-registration fees.

Be assured Spring Fling will be back next year as strong as before.

Our Fall Fling 25th Anniversary event is confirmed for October 24, 2020 for your Mopar fix. Check website and social media for info and announcements.
Thank you for your continued support. Please stay safe and healthy.

Steve Wall
CPW club president
www.cpwclub.com
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

nsmall

@autoxcuda

Yo bro, any word on Spring Fling 2021?  San Francisco indoor dining is open according to the news, I'm thinking its safe to have an outdoor car show? :fingerscrossed:

autoxcuda

Every area and every entity and being handled differently.

Unfortunately, LA and Ventura County public parks are not open to events. They are not even taking permits or reservations.The other reasonably local options for events sites are also closed.  We need time to plan and organize.

We are focusing on a Fall Fling event.