Main Menu

Frankenmuth Auto Festival 2021

Started by Spikedog08, September 10, 2021, 07:52:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Today is the first day of the Frankenmuth Auto Festival here in Michigan and in my opinion the best day!  On Friday they have the Big Block Party on the main street of the Christmas town's main drag!  This is free to all and certainly packs people and cars into this small Bavarian town!  It is an event to see and certainly participate!  Street closes at 4:00 and cars enter at 5:00.  Show runs from 5 to 10:00PM. 

https://www.frankenmuthautofest.net/

On Saturday the show goes across the river into the park and there is a fee for this part of the show!  Certainly a great weekend although I typically just hit the Friday Night show! 

Looking forward to the show today!   :yes:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Filthy Filbert

One of my wife's favorite towns!

Merry Christmas!!!

anlauto

You guys not have Covid-19 in your Country ? :huh: Wish we were the same :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Filthy Filbert

Nah, we have it.   but we have vaccines.   

and masks.

::)

blown motor

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on September 10, 2021, 08:33:10 AM

and masks.

And a lot of people that don't do either. I've been to that show and it's a good one. Even if the border was open and I could get there, I wouldn't . Not now.  :Thud:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on September 10, 2021, 09:46:07 AM
Quote from: Filthy Filbert on September 10, 2021, 08:33:10 AM

and masks.

And a lot of people that don't do either. I've been to that show and it's a good one. Even if the border was open and I could get there, I wouldn't . Not now.  :Thud:

agreed.  Its a show I want to go to, but not this year.
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

JH27N0B

Have there been any documented outbreaks or even cases caught at outdoor events like a car show?
Even last year before vaccinations were available, I went to a couple shows that still happened and a few cruise nights that weren't canceled.  Miraculously managed to survive as did everyone else at those events as far as I know.
Those activities might have been the only thing that kept me from having a mental breakdown!
Sadly between the panic p0rn that has been pedaled by news media and politicians along with the fact that most people are are ignorant at evaluating risk, which there is some degree of with any human activity, it is apparent to me that some people will never again feel comfortable going out and getting back to normal life.  It will be a bleak boring life for them confined to home indefinitely!

JH27N0B

Just to add to the subject of risk.  I love to drive my convertible but always feel a certain degree of apprehension driving it because it has no shoulder belts.  In a front end collision I'm screwed and will suffer permanent problems for the rest of my life, if I even lived.
Yet I'm always surprised to see how many car guys drive their cars without wearing seat belts. Even the reality car TV shows like Graveyard cars and Fantomworks when the do a test drive I don't see them wearing belts.  It makes me cringe.  Mark Worman won't fly, even though there hasn't been a single fatal commercial airliner crash in the US in years.  He'll take a lot of risk driving a vintage car without seatbelts but won't take 0 risk flying?
But some of these car guys who won't go to an outdoor car show with approximately 0 chance of catching COVID and a 99%+ chance of not getting a serious case even if they did, think nothing of driving without seatbelts.
Like I said before, most people are ignorant when it comes to the subject of evaluating risk.

anlauto

My point was the fact we don't have these large outdoor gatherings to attend, everything in my area has been cancelled or locked down... :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

Your country is even stupider than my country Alan, and my country is being pretty stupid!
I got my shots last spring, so as far as I'm concerned I should be allowed to live like I did pre 2020 and have no worries about doing so.  :alan2cents:   And as far as people who haven't been vaccinated, they have had the opportunity to evaluate the risk and make their own decisions, and it's not my business or anyone else but themselves problem to worry about.

Cudajason

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 10, 2021, 10:47:03 AM
Just to add to the subject of risk.  I love to drive my convertible but always feel a certain degree of apprehension driving it because it has no shoulder belts.  In a front end collision I'm screwed and will suffer permanent problems for the rest of my life, if I even lived.
Yet I'm always surprised to see how many car guys drive their cars without wearing seat belts. Even the reality car TV shows like Graveyard cars and Fantomworks when the do a test drive I don't see them wearing belts.  It makes me cringe.  Mark Worman won't fly, even though there hasn't been a single fatal commercial airliner crash in the US in years.  He'll take a lot of risk driving a vintage car without seatbelts but won't take 0 risk flying?
But some of these car guys who won't go to an outdoor car show with approximately 0 chance of catching COVID and a 99%+ chance of not getting a serious case even if they did, think nothing of driving without seatbelts.
Like I said before, most people are ignorant when it comes to the subject of evaluating risk.

Its  not attending the show that I am concerned about, it the accommodations and other indoor elements to a trip like this that bring undue risk.  I too am fully vaccinated,  and want to get back to life, been to a ball game or three already, but that does not mean there are no risks, especially going to the US!  So if we are talking about being ignorant of evaluating risk, lest make sure we taking into account al the risk factors.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

70 Top Banana

No we have COVID-19 for sure, but half the people don't care about it and file lawsuits over any kind of mask mandate, vaccination requirements or social distancing rule/ etc. and the lawsuits are everywhere. The rest have either had COVID or are vaccinated. Everyone shows up for a show :ohyeah:

anlauto

I'm very sorry this thread got hijacked...not my intentions, just envious of the large car show events you guys in the States get to enjoy... :'(  we'll all get back there some day... :grouphug: