Main Menu

I need eyes at the Ohio Nats, PLEASE

Started by 7E-Bodies, August 08, 2019, 05:06:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Could I ask (plead) that anyone attending the nationals in Columbus to keep an eye out for the car I let go?  It's a JS23U0B car that was the real deal with low miles. AC/auto/6 way bucket, quad green. If it's there, contact info would be superb.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JH27N0B

I just arrived in OH this afternoon, drove my mom out to visit my aunt.  Coincidentally lol suggested the same weekend as the nats for the visit.  Planning to head down Saturday to spend part of the day at the nats, and will look for that car if I do.  My moms Fusion acted up some on the trip, little wrench and check engine light came on during the trip.  We plan to see if the local Ferd store can take a look at it tomorrow.  Hope driving it to the nats Saturday (and home Sunday) doesn't get messed up!
Btw, what's quad green, did it originally have a green stripe?

7E-Bodies

No stripe. Green body side moldings. I'm looking for some of those too. In any condition. Restoring one just like it.

7E-Bodies

I'm guessing the car was originally FF4 code paint, but I was in my twenties then (1987) and don't remember the exact paint code. The car had never been repainted before I got it with 28,000 miles on it. It could be any color now.

JH27N0B

The Ferd dealer here in Wooster really came through today.  They replaced the throttle body and amazingly, no charge as there was a service bulletin on it, even though the car is almost 10 years old.
She's been trying to get the air bag recall done at a local dealer, a few weeks ago she had an appointment but when she got there, they didn't have a loaner for her.  Today, the service guy said while it's here, do you want us to do the airbag recall?  So now that's done too.
Lot different world here than Chicago!
Great forecast tomorrow too so I will likely get to run down to the nats for a while.
Any reason to think the car is there this year, or just a shot in the dark it may show up among the 40 or 50 or so '70 Challengers that likely will be there?
Do you recall the VIN?

JH27N0B

The only Challenger R/T SE I recall seeing today was a red V code that was for sale. I didn't go through the pits other than a row, sometimes some stock cars are there, or I might have missed a few cars in a corner somewhere.  But most likely the guy who owns your car now didn't make it there.

7E-Bodies

@JH27N0B, no records of the vin survived my fire. I only remember the JS23U0B and the final 6 numbers I somewhat remember, but not the order. I'd know it if I saw it and let's face it, probably won't find more than one or two if at all that match my options. Not an SE, by the way, yet optioned a little like one. Glad your Ferd situation worked out. I had 4 of them. Was a rabid ferd truck guy, but got tired of their electronic failures and yes, throttle body failure that I had to eat. They'd seldom back their product, but I'm glad they did for you. I bought a Ram and have never looked back, yet I wish Ram would do aluminum like ferd. Thanks for keeping me in mind at the show. Keep doing so, please. For the record, I'd do the same for anyone here.

JH27N0B

I had Ferds as daily drivers most of my life, starting with a Pinto I bought from my parents when I was a senior in HS so I didn't need to try to drive my T/A in winter.
Other than a Lincoln LS with a manual trans that was sort of a lemon, they all treated me well.  But 5 years ago I traded my 08 Focus in on a new Dart and it's treated me well so far.  So I'm all Mopar.  But now that the big 3 is phasing out cars to concentrate on trucks and SUVs I don't know what I'll do for an economical daily driver beater car next time I'm in the market. I'll worry about that when the time comes.
Back on topic, I'll keep my eyes peeled because I attend many shows and events.  I do recall there was a green 70 R/T I saw at a local west suburb event a year or 2 back, but I think it was F8 and had no vinyl top. I'll dig through my pix someday when I have a chance.

YYZ

FWIW, when heading home on Friday, there was a '70 R/T SE, 440 badges, triple black w/Go-wing on a trailer.  Truck and trailer were on the 401 heading west out of Toronto and my guess would have been to the Nats.

7E-Bodies

@JH27N0B that means a lot. Thank you. If you ever need eyes in central IL, hit me up.

PLY474

Not your former, but nice and for sale in the 2019 National's Car Corral.
Did the majority of green exterior e-bodies come with green interiors?
I think I've seen maybe one green exterior with black interior that I remember. 

cuda hunter

I've seen green, black, white and black and white interiors
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

from the "what color is a V1F vinyl top" thread:
https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/1970-challenger-v1f-green-vinyl-top-what-color-was-it/6621/

EF8 I have fender tag info on 37 "EF8" Challenger R/Ts with the following interiors:

1 with H6XW - white vinyl
2 with H6T5 - tan vinyl
3 with HRX9 - black leather/vinyl
5 with H5F8 - green cloth/vinyl
6 with H6X9 - black vinyl
20 with H6F8 - green vinyl

1 with gator vinyl top
7 with black vinyl top
8 with white vinyl top
9 with green vinyl top
10 with painted roof (EF8)

&
2 with "unknown" top

1 had V5F - green body side mouldings

1 had V9J - sublime "bumblebee" stripes (FJ5)
1 had V6J - chartreuse side stripes
1 had V6X - black side stripes
3 had V9X - black "bumblebee" stripes
2 had V9F - green "bumblebee" stripes (EF4)
4 had V6W - white side stripes
6 had V6F - green side stripes
14 had V68 - DELETE side stripes
&
4 had "unknown" stripes

..... only 4 have V21 - performance hood paint

FF4 I have fender tag info on 19 "FF4" Challenger R/Ts with the following interiors:

1 with HRX9 - black leather/vinyl
5 with H5F8 - green cloth/vinyl
2 with H6X9 - black vinyl
11 with H6F8 - green vinyl

1 with white vinyl top
3 with black vinyl top
4 with painted roof (FF4)
10 with green vinyl top

&
1 with "unknown" top

1 had V9J - sublime "bumblebee" stripes (FJ5)
2 had V9X - black "bumblebee" stripes (TX9)
2 had V6W - white side stripes
3 had V68 - DELETE side stripes
5 had V6X - black side stripes
5 had V6F - green side stripes
&
1 had "unknown" stripes

..... only 3 have V21 - performance hood paint

it does seem green/green/green was a very popular color combination   :bigmoney:

6bblgt

Quote from: PLY474 on August 11, 2019, 07:50:08 PM
Not your former, but nice and for sale in the 2019 National's Car Corral.
Did the majority of green exterior e-bodies come with green interiors?
I think I've seen maybe one green exterior with black interior that I remember.

@PLY474 any chance you have a fender tag pic?  :takepicture:

7E-Bodies