Main Menu

MCACN 2018

Started by JH27N0B, January 01, 2018, 12:01:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

Aar1064

Thanks for the kind words @JH27N0B Brad. What a show!! Everything about the move in from the staging to the unloading and final destination was as good as it gets. Hats off to you and the rest of the staff.

Cars here are unbelievable and I'm trying to pace myself just so I can soak it all in. If you don't mind, look me up sometime today. I just thought of a great picture you can take to add to your album here.

JH27N0B

It was great meeting you and I'll try to get over today to see you.  I loved how your AAR and my T/A were so closely optioned, I wish we could park them together for some pictures!
I'm supposed to be watching the stage area in the back (near Mopar Alley) today, so if anyone is there stop by and say hi, don't be afraid to wake me up!  :D. I wear a MCACN hat, have a yellow staff jacket, wear glasses and my name is Brad.
They said they may move me to watch the RTS display but we will see, otherwise I'll be in the stage area this weekend.
I also need to go to my car to get judged at some point, this will be a new experience for me!

anlauto

Great pictures  :banana: I'm glad to see the FJ5 Challenger made it safely and I'm glad the see @bpsmopar got to park all three of his cars together....very cool...

Somebody needs to tell the guy siting beside the green 71 Hemi Charger, that it's only Friday..he has a long way to go  :tired: :tired: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Another great day at the show!  Here are my pictures-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72157703646046614
I saw Aar1064 today and he had me take a picture of his grandson Jayden in front of his AAR.  Check out Jayden's shirt, it is all car patches!  Starting 'em young.
And it was nice meeting Greg TX9AAR and Mike Hemicuda (though Mike and I have dealt over the phone and online on parts in the past).  While talking to Greg I was reminded of back some years ago on cuda-Challenger.com they made up little dash cards with the website name and your name and user name, so others could recognize you at shows when they saw your card.  Maybe something to try here?

JH27N0B

I just got home, the T/A is back in my garage, and I have an MCACN OEM concours gold trophy to put on my shelf to gather dust!  :1place:
Chet's (Aar1064) AAR won gold too!  :bradsthumb:

anlauto

Quote from: JH27N0B on November 18, 2018, 06:30:25 PM
I just got home, the T/A is back in my garage, and I have an MCACN OEM concours gold trophy to put on my shelf to gather dust!  :1place:
Chet's (Aar1064) AAR won gold too!  :bradsthumb:

Hey, that's great news! Way to go  :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Spikedog08

Was a great show!  Enjoyed seeing all the cars!  Got a lot a great pictures!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Gary

Hey Brad, missed you at the show. bummer.  Saw your car, looked good.
We picked up a concours gold also for the 70 Charger and also the Chicago mopar clubs pick for best mopar in Mopar Ally.
Just got home and can't wait till next year.

JH27N0B

Next year's dates are November 23 and 24, 2019.  Mark your calendars!
I added the Sunday pictures to my weekend album-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72157703646046614/page1

303 Mopar

Brads70

Beautiful javelin
Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 20, 2018, 08:01:14 AM
This is a beauty @Brads70

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

dodj

Thanks for putting up those pics for us!  :ohyeah:

Might be just me, but I think people should display their car with the hood/trunk closed. A clean engine is nice but not something I care if I see much. But with the hood and trunk closed you can appreciate the lines of the car and really take in the styling.
A lot of nice cars there!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Aar1064

Brad,
I have to say that you and the crew knocked it out of the park. From move in to move out, it was fantastic! I finally got around to seeing your car and it's gorgeous. I know you had issues with the shop but in the end............Wow!

If you're into muscle cars this has to be one of the best shows to see. I'm not sure of the past MCACN shows but there were a lot of super nice Mopars at this show. Actually more than I thought would be there. I'm sure it had something to do with the RTS/Scat Pak display but being my first show, not sure.

I was fortunate enough to score one of the huge display signs they had. Should look great in the AAR den...............

anlauto

I only lived the experience thanks to Brad's pictures posted here :worship:.

Awesome to see the three RTS cars at the show, it was a lovely tribute to Steven  :andyangel: it must have been hard on the family...

I was expecting to see a large amount of the dealership promotion stuff as well displayed with the cars, but I understand how that would be a huge undertaking and a monumental challenge for the family or those involved with moving the cars.  :yes: Very thankful they brought out what they did, it must have been a very sombre area of the show. :crying: :console: :drinkingbud:

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: dodj on November 20, 2018, 09:25:54 AM

Might be just me, but I think people should display their car with the hood/trunk closed. A clean engine is nice but not something I care if I see much. But with the hood and trunk closed you can appreciate the lines of the car and really take in the styling.
A lot of nice cars there!

It's funny to hear you say this. Many years back, there was a C-C member who flew over here to attend Carlisle and do other site seeing. I believe his screen name was babyelephant, and he was from Denmark, but I'm probably wrong on both accounts.   :-[

...Anyway, he said across the pond, nobody opens the hoods at a car show for the same reason you stated. It ruins the body lines.