Main Menu

MCACN 2020 Virtual Event

Started by Skdmark, November 18, 2020, 02:03:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

Reposting from Moparts

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Muscle Car And Corvette Nationals, aka MCACN From The Brothers Collection Preview MCACN 2020.

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2020 at 7:30 PM CENTRAL TIME

Muscle Car And Corvette Nationals Northwest Virtual Event From The Brothers Collection Preview MCACN 2020 on our NEW YouTube MCACNtv channel.

Announcing a very special presentation, the Muscle Car And Corvette Nationals 2020 from The Brothers Collection! This is the same Brothers Collection that is a huge part of the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals each year, and who's cars are featured in Muscle Car Of The Week videos, The same guys that showed EIGHT of the Hemi E-Body convertibles with us several years ago. (They now own TEN).

We will give you a personal tour from the brand new Brothers Collection Museum, with several Premier Unveilings, including a VERY special Hemi B-Body convertible, Interviews with some of the long time MCACN supporters including Bob Perkins and Dave Wise, several of the MCACN Members and much more. Hosted by Kevin Oeste of V8TV and Bob Ashton, MCACN Managing Member.

ORGANIZE A WATCH PARTY!

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2020 at 7:30 PM CENTRAL TIME

WATCH THE COVERAGE HERE:

MCACN YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGkOp-MUvhVgPbiIfhjrzNQ

Thanks and please help us spread the word. This collection is beyond words.

Bob Ashton
MCACN Magaing Member
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Brads70

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

JH27N0B

It is a pretty good show.  The wall of AARs and T/As is pretty incredible, and one scene you can see a row of E bodies that stretches as far as you can see!  I can't imagine having a collection that big and well organized of model cars let alone a collection like the Brothers collection of actual cars!

Skdmark

The wall of AAR 's and T/A's reminded of a stacked shelf of die cast cars for big kids.
Nice interview by Dave Wise too.
-Harlan Ellison

anlauto

My daughter watched about one minute of the video over my shoulder...her only comment... what are they going to do with all these cars once they're dead ? ..good point really...why would anybody want that many cars  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

I missed it live ... and haven't had a chance to view it yet.

My only question is ... was there anywhere in the video where they actually introduced, or showed, the elusive and enigmatic "Brothers"??  :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

anlauto

Quote from: RzeroB on November 23, 2020, 01:53:00 PM
I missed it live ... and haven't had a chance to view it yet.

My only question is ... was there anywhere in the video where they actually introduced, or showed, the elusive and enigmatic "Brothers"??  :notsure:
No of course not :vipermanhiding: :vipermanhiding:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

The Brothers are very elusive.  When I was working MCACN the year of the hemi convertible display, there were a couple Brothers employees caretaking the cars, but I don't think they were there.
I knew someone restoring one of their cars a while back, and he said he dealt with them through a middleman, and never met them or talked to them personally.  He also was told that under no circumstances were they to work on the car on a Saturday. He thought they were Orthodox Jews but I heard later they are Seventh Day Adventists.
I also heard somewhere they are heirs to a family that owns a chain of assisted living centers and nursing homes.

ek3

looks like they are big on collecting cars in each color ! or they seem to have good luck finding the 1 off cars.... that's an impressive collection all around. someone stays very busy keeping up with it all for sure.

JH27N0B

They seem committed to trying to corner the market on some rare cars. Why own 4 of the 8 Trans Am convertibles?
I was told once they wanted to buy every hemi E body convertible in existence, but had to abandon that goal since a number of them are in the hands of collectors who wouldn't sell their car at any price.

njsteve

The Brothers have my old 71 yellow and white hemicuda convertible. I sold it to Otis Chandler back in 1987. I still have the entire restoration album (two 4" thick albums full of photos) with all the before photos documenting all the components as well as the whole restoration. I also have an extra mint condition broadcast sheet (there were 4 in the car).

I have offered it to the them several times over the years - the most recent was at the convertible hemi E-body reunion. I didn't want anything for it. The caretaker guys didn't seem to want to be bothered by my pestering them. So I still have them. Here's proof. (my dog is guarding them - he's really fierce).

I also have the albums from my two 6-barrel 71 ragtops as well as my other interesting hemi cars over the past 35 years, but none of the collectors who currently own the various cars seems to care about reuniting them.

They'll make for great fireplace kindling one day after I'm gone.

RUNCHARGER

Dang, that's sad actually. That's the difference between true enthusiasts that love the cars and collectors I guess. Pretty sure just about anyone on this forum would be jumping all over any documentation for their car.
Sheldon

anlauto

:iagree: Yea...couldn't have said it better :crying: