Main Menu

MCACN 2020 Canceled

Started by JH27N0B, September 10, 2020, 06:13:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

It comes as no surprise, but it's still a big disappointment to see that MCACN 2020 is being canceled due to the virus.  :'(
Plans are already underway for the 12th anniversary show in 2021, both 1970 and 1971 will be the featured years so it will be incredible!  Most of the features that had been scheduled for this year will be at the 2021 show instead.
https://www.mcacn.com/covid

anlauto

I'm surprised it was still on, I would have figured it was cancelled long ago. Certainly does suck.  :thumbdown:

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the 2021 show will be able to go on as scheduled. I don't think 2021 will be much better than 2020. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I've been too busy to go anywhere anyway, however it still ticks me off that the 50th anniversary of the 70's is when this Chinese flu hit our world.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

The MCACN posts and emails up to recently were optimistic it was still going to happen, but living in this state and area I couldn't see any way that restrictions were going to loosen up enough by November to make it happen.  Some early 2021 conventions at McCormick Place in Chicago have already been canceled, let alone anything going on in nearby Rosemont where MCACN is held.
There was a modest size cruise going on Tuesday evenings here in the suburbs and there was going to be a rescheduled Chicagoland Mopar Connection show at that location this Sunday, but last week the organizers announced all events there were canceled because someone complained about the lack of social distancing and masks at the cruises, this was a no or low risk outdoor event, so that doesn't give much to be optimistic about indoor activities anytime soon.  :(

Spikedog08

So far Carlisle is the only show that happened  . . although Woodward was still very busy even though it was cancelled. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

JH27N0B

The Holley Moparty is still on next week as far as I know.  A lot of people from this area are planning to go, hopefully my plans will happen. It should be big as its generating a lot of excitement.
A bit of sad irony with MCACN, when I got home last night and got my mail from my mailbox, my new MCG had arrived and it was the MCACN 2020 preview feature.
An hour later I got an email from Bob letting us know that they were going to have to cancel this years show.  He asked us not to share the info last night until the press release came out this morning concerning this.

MOPAR MITCH

Onwards to MOPARTY!!!   I'll be there!!!