Main Menu

Mopar nationals in Ohio

Started by GoMangoBoys, June 04, 2021, 07:58:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71gogreen

I have been to both shows and I would never miss the Columbus event. What is great about the Columbus show is it's only 2 1/2 hrs. away from me and when the day ends I go out and meet people at all the Mopar party's! The hotels are much newer and cleaner than Carlisle! I'm still going to Carlisle's ,but I'll have to find a dumpy place to stay at. Also Carlisle's is so much walking up and down hills! The food is much better in Columbus too!  :banana:

Spikedog08

I may go for a day if my social coordinator will allow it . . We will see . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

7E-Bodies

I'm with @Spikedog08
If my coordinator doesn't set up a travel ball extravaganza that weekend, I may do two days/nights if lodging isn't insane. About an 8 hour drive for me, but I've been tempted to try this one before.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Burdar

QuoteIf my coordinator doesn't set up a travel ball extravaganza that weekend, I may do two days/nights if lodging isn't insane. About an 8 hour drive for me, but I've been tempted to try this one before. 

If you don't mind driving a half hour to the show and back every day, you can find cheap rooms.  I've been staying in Hilliard(west of Columbus) for years.  The Motel 6 there has been renovated fairly recently and is decent.  Plenty of places to eat close by and since it's west of Columbus, it cuts down the long drive.

SpeedD408

Would anyone going to the Nats in Ohio be willing to walk the parts market for me?  I'm not able to go this year and I would like a Holley Street Dominator 300-10/701R-10 Intake manifold.  The 300-10/701R-10 is the version for the B block (383/400).  If you are willing PM me and we can work out details.
1971 Cuda - 383, Rallye Red, Rallye Cluster, Disc Brakes, Rear Defogger, A/C, Road Lamps, AM/FM Radio
Tag #1- N1B FE5 H6XW V1W A01 A62 B51 C16 C55 G11 G36 H31 H51 J25 J45 J54 L25 L31 L34 M21 M25 M31 M88 N41
Tag #2- N42 N85 R35 26

GoMangoBoys

Well,  Good, bad or otherwise, I have officially cancelled my hotel reservation to the Tri-Five Nationals in Bowling Green Ky so that my boys and I can attend the Mopar Nationals.  With my older son getting his commission in the Army in December, it will be hard to say if we will be able to go to it or any other show in the next few years.  We will take the Charger that I bought for him, but sadly, my younger boy's Challenger is not done.  Maybe next year???

anlauto

You'll have a great time no matter where you go as long as you can go with family, you can't beat that :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

14 day weather forecast shows thunderstorms.  Hopefully it changes between now and then.  Temps look OK though.

A few years ago I was really debating on going or not.  The weather forecast looked like it was going to be a washout.  I went anyway.  It was nice and sunny all weekend.

69BFan

I hope that I never see the tornado strength winds that the event experienced in 2019.  Just like Carlisle, it seems that we always get at least one afternoon where a storm blows up and drops some heavy rain and wind on the event.  We will hopefully be in the same location in rows R and S in spots 18 through 34.

We will have a selection of our typical product offerings of Dale's Cuda Shop, Gary Goer Interiors, Quirey Quality Design and Restoration Parts and Materials.  If there is any special request, please reach out to us as we will try to fill request if at all possible.

Thanks,
Richard
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Timmy C

I am looking to go this year.  Last went in 2018 and skipped 2019 thinking I would go last year :thumbdown:  I started going when it was in Indy and hadn't missed a year until 2019.  My question is in regards to spectator parking.  I used to always park west of the creek off of Rt. 40, but 2018 I found out that they had sold that land and it was a corn field.  Ended up parking just south of the track which was closer, but space was limited and was very congested.  They were parking where the fun field used to be west of the track and really packing them in there too.  Is there spectator parking on the north end?  If so is there plenty of room?

Burdar

Parking on the North end is supposed to be for swap meet people only. 

Just to the east of the track is the main parking area.  Plenty of room there and close to the ticket booth/entry gate.  We always bring a big cooler and go back out to the parking lot to eat lunch.

Weather forecast is looking better.

Also, I just read that rt40 is closed east of the track right before you get into Hebron.  If you are coming to the track on I-70, you need to take the exit for highway 37.  That will take you right up to the intersection just east of the track.  If you are going into Buckey Lake or Heath in the evening, you'll need to take 37 south to I-70 east...then hit 79 from there.

MOPAR MITCH

I might be driving out just for the swap meet ... on Saturday.

Timmy C

Burbar, thanks for the info on parking.  I have never paid much attention to the east side beyond the cars in the show.  I saw on moparts you were discussing your route there.  I take 74, but I turn off just past Crawfordsville and go to Lebanon.  I take 65 down to 465 and go around the north end of Indy to 70.  Never timed it, but it sure seems faster even with the little bit of two lane road.  I used to go 74 to 465 to 70.  If the weather holds out I will leave after work Friday and hit the show Saturday.  Will get a hotel on the north side of Columbus like I usually do.

Burdar

Mapquest shows that driving through the center of Indy is the quickest way.  That's what I've always done but this year that isn't possible.  70 is closed through downtown.  Mapquest says taking 465 south is only 3 minutes slower.  I don't really like to venture away from routes that I already know.  I can get  :verymad: easily when I don't know where I'm going.

For years I got a hotel on the north end of Columbus.  It was on Dublin/Grandville road.  It was a pretty sketchy area.(strip club right next door to the hotel)  Lately I've been staying in Hilliard.(just west of Columbus)  It's a nice area with lots of restaurants and is only 35 minutes from the track.

dodj

Looks like a fun show.
Anybody got enough pull to get the border opened up?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill