Main Menu

Mopar nationals in Ohio

Started by GoMangoBoys, June 04, 2021, 07:58:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Boy that looks like it hurt the car and the driver! Back to the frame shop I guess.

Burdar

Quotehe GL jump was cool... I can't believe they allowed photographers as close as they were to the landing.. could've been tragic.

My guess is those people were part of the stunt crew.  If something went wrong, they'd want to have people positioned along the track so they could get to the driver as fast as possible.  Just a guess on my part.

QuoteBoy that looks like it hurt the car and the driver! Back to the frame shop I guess.

That car is DONE.  No saving it.  I got up close to it on the starting line and it looks like most of the panels are designed to be reused on a different chassis.  The doors and trunk lid came loose on the jump.  The 1/4s didn't even have much damage.

Burdar

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

dodj

There's people commenting online that it was a crown Vic chassis, so no 69 chargers were harmed. Steering wheel seems to support that.

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Burdar

Yes, they make them out of Crown Vics.  There is a Youtube video about how they make them.

The grills and tail panel are just flat sheets of steel, painted to look real.

Spikedog08

Sounds like the show went pretty well . . I have been many times . . . just not in recent years.  This year I would of liked to make Saturday but had storms come through Michigan a few days before the show which knocked power out all over the South east Michigan area and I had family staying with me for days.  My social coordinator put the brakes on any plans to go. 

I will say although the Carlisle show is amazing, I do miss the drag racing at the show.  Just the sound of the big blocks tearing down the strip gets my blood going.  Then the after show cruise is also a lot of fun!  Maybe next year . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

PLY474

The stunt show surprised me.  I didn't expect them to crash the cars.  I missed the General Lee jump (too much talking) but caught the cop car wreck.