Main Menu

Mopar Shootout Sacramento: September 7th

Started by Topcat, March 21, 2019, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

7212Mopar

After work today i try to position the car in the garage ready for tomorrow. Turn the key and battery is dead and I say you got to be kidding. Ran down to AutoZone and picked up a new one. All is good now.

Heading back in the afternoon, the bay bridge toll plaza will be bad. I might have to take 92 and do a loop.

See you guys tomorrow.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Topcat on September 06, 2019, 07:38:09 PM
We don't like sitting in hot weather traffic heading back is why we decided on not bringing them.
Along with some time issues.

Expected high today is 81 degrees.... Suck it up...

I don't like driving around in the traffic in your part of the world... But I've done it quite a few times....

Sometimes ya gotta face your fears...   Oh it's hot.......   

dodj

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 07, 2019, 06:27:42 AM
Quote from: Topcat on September 06, 2019, 07:38:09 PM
We don't like sitting in hot weather traffic heading back is why we decided on not bringing them.
Along with some time issues.

Expected high today is 81 degrees.... Suck it up...

I don't like driving around in the traffic in your part of the world... But I've done it quite a few times....

Sometimes ya gotta face your fears...   Oh it's hot.......   

It's 39 degrees here.....
I'd love to "suck me up" some 81 degree cruising weather about now..
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

7212Mopar

It was a nice day at the track, upper 70s to low 80s. Lots of cars showed up this year and the pit area was full. Quite a few nice cars at the show and there were few fast  cars running in the 8s. Three new Challenger Demons were in the low 10s but none in the 9s.  I will post some pictures later.

235 miles round trip for me and my car managed 11.6 mpg, better than I anticipated.  Car ran perfect except the volt meter only register slightly above 12 volt. I have a new battery, new 135 A alternator and 6 gauge alternator bypass. I am going to check it today, may be how my volt gauge is connected to the factory hardness and now most of the chaging is direct to the battery.

It was stop and go crossing the Bay Bridge. Some young kids with a newer BMW at the Treasure Island tunnel, full ground effects and all was letting his presence known to others by reving his engine, popping and cracking decel exhaust note. My son was saying is that gun firing?  I was at the next lane two cars back and the kid in me came out, so I shifted to neutural and rev a few times inside the tunnel myself to reply. It was silence afterward and the look on the kids face when I pass him was priceless.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket