Main Menu

MOPARFEST - Canceled

Started by Cudajason, April 13, 2020, 01:38:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: ToxicWolf on April 13, 2020, 05:51:12 PM
We get a $500 ticket if we aren't wearing a bandana tied around our face in Florida now.  :barf:
Guess it's a good time for thieves?
:dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JH27N0B

Quote from: kdcarman on April 13, 2020, 05:19:04 PM
Quote from: anlauto on April 13, 2020, 04:02:39 PM
CANADA'S LARGEST MOPAR SHOW....cancelled, likely the third largest Mopar event in the world, is cancelled. This show was scheduled for mid-August...and has been cancelled.... :pullinghair:

There will be no Chrysler's at Carlisle in July, no Mopar Nationals in August.....

This is not going to be "over" by the Fall in my opinion... :headbang:

Stay home, stay safe... :grouphug:

We will be dealing with the health issues for 12 - 18 months.
I am hopeful we can deal with the economic fallout in the same timeframe.

The Governor of Illinois basically said he would not allow large public gatherings (concerts, sporting events, etc) until there is a vaccine.
If that is governor Bluttos policy there will be no MCACN next November either.  :crying:
Fact is, there is no guarantee there will ever be a vaccine.  It's not a given that a vaccine can be developed for every virus.  There's never been a vaccine for AIDS for example.  In which case no large public events again ever?
Whatever ends up happening, this show and cruise season is almost guaranteed to be a bust.  :Thud:

JS29

kdcarman

Quote from: JH27N0B on April 14, 2020, 07:54:48 AM
Quote from: kdcarman on April 13, 2020, 05:19:04 PM
Quote from: anlauto on April 13, 2020, 04:02:39 PM
CANADA'S LARGEST MOPAR SHOW....cancelled, likely the third largest Mopar event in the world, is cancelled. This show was scheduled for mid-August...and has been cancelled.... :pullinghair:

There will be no Chrysler's at Carlisle in July, no Mopar Nationals in August.....

This is not going to be "over" by the Fall in my opinion... :headbang:

Stay home, stay safe... :grouphug:

We will be dealing with the health issues for 12 - 18 months.
I am hopeful we can deal with the economic fallout in the same timeframe.

The Governor of Illinois basically said he would not allow large public gatherings (concerts, sporting events, etc) until there is a vaccine.
If that is governor Bluttos policy there will be no MCACN next November either.  :crying:
Fact is, there is no guarantee there will ever be a vaccine.  It's not a given that a vaccine can be developed for every virus.  There's never been a vaccine for AIDS for example.  In which case no large public events again ever?
Whatever ends up happening, this show and cruise season is almost guaranteed to be a bust.  :Thud:

This car season is for sure a bust.  I might not even be taking mine out of storage.  :(

As far as the vaccine goes, Johnson & Johnsons is confidant enough in developing a successful vaccine, that they are investing $1B to begin manufacturing while they go through clinical trials.  Their goal is to have warehouse full vaccines they can start shipping the day the trials are completed.  This virus is close enough to other strains that they have a head start.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: From what I have read several vaccines and drugs are being tested right now. There's going to be lots of $$$ made.
Sheldon

kdcarman

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 14, 2020, 08:32:29 AM
Yes: From what I have read several vaccines and drugs are being tested right now. There's going to be lots of $$$ made.

Johnson & Johnson vaccine will partially funded by the government.  Not for profit sales.

blown motor

[/quote]
[/quote]

The show season yes. The cruising season, hell no! I will likely put more miles on this year because there's a lot of other things I won't be able to do.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodj

Quote from: kdcarman on April 14, 2020, 08:58:23 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 14, 2020, 08:32:29 AM

Johnson & Johnson vaccine will partially funded by the government.  Not for profit sales.
Suspect they will still make a tidy profit.  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JH27N0B

When I say cruise, I'm referring more to cruise ins.  We have lots of great cruises in my area, and I can't wait until around Memorial Day when they start going for the season.  This year, the start will be delayed and it's questionable if they will happen at all.
Sure I'll take my car out for a few drives, but all in all I like to drive to destinations and then drive home later, not just drive the congested streets around here aimlessly.
Hopefully we will be able to get some cruise nights in.

dodj

Maybe we should put GoPro's on the front of our cars this year and show people where we were cruising?
I think I might put one on and show people what northern Ontario looks like from the nose of a Challenger in the summer.....We all know it's solid white in the winter...lol.

blown motor

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on April 13, 2020, 08:25:57 PM
Jason, what happens to the raffle car from MOPARFEST? I started making room in the garage...  :notsure:

@BIGSHCLUNK  This year it's a truck. That draw is going on as usual.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

benlavigne

Quote from: blown motor on April 14, 2020, 01:41:47 PM
Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on April 13, 2020, 08:25:57 PM
Jason, what happens to the raffle car from MOPARFEST? I started making room in the garage...  :notsure:

@BIGSHCLUNK  This year it's a truck. That draw is going on as usual.

They stopped giving a car away as a participant prize last year or the one before.

The raffle is for the Optimist Club: https://newhamburgoptimist.ca/

Ben

Matt M

We get a $500 ticket if we aren't wearing a bandana tied around our face in Florida now.  :barf:

Where did you hear that.
I live in Tampa and I have seen nothing on this as of 4/14 8PM

I know it has been suggested

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Matt M on April 14, 2020, 04:54:05 PM

Where did you hear that.
I live in Tampa and I have seen nothing on this as of 4/14 8PM

I know it has been suggested

Osceola county sheriff Gibson said it on TV here.  Don't know if they are really doing it.

RUNCHARGER

In Canaduh they're actually letting convicts out of jail including murderers (not sure why a murderer catching the virus would be a problem), but do have legislation so they can fine people that are out of their houses. It's quite telling actually.
Sheldon