Main Menu

MOPARFEST - Canceled

Started by Cudajason, April 13, 2020, 01:38:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Just saw the announcement on Facebook, no Moparfest this year!   :Thud:

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

benlavigne

Not surprised, it's not that far ahead, there still will be partial restrictions on gatherings then, and attendance levels would have been down anyway. Plus they probably lost a lot of their sponsorship money, as businesses are cutting unnessary costs, such as sponsoring. FCA has already announced they were cutting off NASCAR Canada sponsorship of Andrew Ranger a couple weeks ago.
Sad, but predictable...

Ben

Brads70

blown motor

I bet Carlisle will be cancelled also.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JS29

anlauto

CANADA'S LARGEST MOPAR SHOW....cancelled, likely the third largest Mopar event in the world, is cancelled. This show was scheduled for mid-August...and has been cancelled.... :pullinghair:

There will be no Chrysler's at Carlisle in July, no Mopar Nationals in August.....

This is not going to be "over" by the Fall in my opinion... :headbang:

Stay home, stay safe... :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on April 13, 2020, 02:49:58 PM
I bet Carlisle will be cancelled also.

Sadly I agree. Still waiting to cancel my room , give it another month and see.... :fingerscrossed:

RUNCHARGER

Less standing around, more driving is what it will be this year.
Sheldon

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on April 13, 2020, 04:02:39 PM
CANADA'S LARGEST MOPAR SHOW....cancelled, likely the third largest Mopar event in the world, is cancelled. This show was scheduled for mid-August...and has been cancelled.... :pullinghair:

There will be no Chrysler's at Carlisle in July, no Mopar Nationals in August.....

This is not going to be "over" by the Fall in my opinion... :headbang:

Stay home, stay safe... :grouphug:

We will be dealing with the health issues for 12 - 18 months.
I am hopeful we can deal with the economic fallout in the same timeframe.

The Governor of Illinois basically said he would not allow large public gatherings (concerts, sporting events, etc) until there is a vaccine.

ToxicWolf

We get a $500 ticket if we aren't wearing a bandana tied around our face in Florida now.  :barf:

jimynick

Good to hear from you Jim! Based on what we saw at the Mecum auction when we were down there, the bandana thing shouldn't be too big a leap for some of those bandits, eh? How's that fine Challenger of yours doing these days? I still think about that puddle light you and Mark showed me.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ToxicWolf

Quote from: jimynick on April 13, 2020, 07:26:03 PM
Good to hear from you Jim! Based on what we saw at the Mecum auction when we were down there, the bandana thing shouldn't be too big a leap for some of those bandits, eh? How's that fine Challenger of yours doing these days? I still think about that puddle light you and Mark showed me.

Doing great down here except for the virus.  The regular Friday and Saturday night cruises are cancelled of course. Poor Challenger is feeling neglected.   :wave:

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: ToxicWolf on April 13, 2020, 07:39:41 PM

Doing great down here except for the virus.  The regular Friday and Saturday night cruises are cancelled of course. Poor Challenger is feeling neglected.   :wave:
Jim, have you heard anything about when they will open the Keys back up?  Asking for a friend ....  :soshelp:

BIGSHCLUNK

Jason, what happens to the raffle car from MOPARFEST? I started making room in the garage...  :notsure:

ToxicWolf

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on April 13, 2020, 08:23:58 PM
Quote from: ToxicWolf on April 13, 2020, 07:39:41 PM

Jim, have you heard anything about when they will open the Keys back up?  Asking for a friend ....  :soshelp:

The only thing I've heard is "untill further notice".  With all the bad news coming out I've kind of been avoiding it.  Hasn't helped though.