Main Menu

My First Car Show

Started by Marty73, May 11, 2023, 07:46:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Marty73

So after 16 years of working on the 73, I finally got to go to my first car show here in Fort Mill, SC. My brothers & nephew came to join me and a good time was had by all. Nice to have the Chally on the road after all these years.

Couple things
- My car overheated waiting in the line to get parked that morning, guess I really need to put the radiator shroud on (sitting in the garage)

- At the end of the show, I had no fuel pressure, car wouldn't start. So that's something I got to figure out. Does anyone know of a direct replacement electric fuel pump that will bolt into the factory mechanical mount? Might as well switch the electric (on my third pump as it is...)

From left to right

Brother's 86 Mustang GT
Brothers 52 MG-TD
Nephews 79 Mustang Pace Car
My 73 Challenger

Thanks to everyone here who has guided me along over all these years! More work to go, but at least I can enjoy it on the road!

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

MEK-Dangerous

First off, congratulations on making the car show! That is an amazing accomplishment after 16 years.

A shroud cover around the radiator will allow the fan to pull heat away from it. Your fan is spinning now, but it isn't drawing the heat away from the radiator.

You replaced the fuel pump 3 times and still have issues? Have you replaced the fuel line? I'm thinking air is getting in the fuel line somewhere.

JS29

Does the small block have a push rod like the big block's have? If so might want to check it out.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on May 11, 2023, 02:00:28 PM
Does the small block have a push rod like the big block's have? If so might want to check it out.  :alan2cents:
No, but the eccentric on the camshaft could be loose or messed up, but you think that would be noisy  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration